Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon Launched New Digital Camera “Canon PowerShot SX200 IS”

Canon has Launched a number of new Powershot digital cameras, among them the PowerShot SX200 IS. With a classic aluminium design available in black, blue or red the Canon PowerShot SX200 IS packs a lot into a compact body, making it the perfect camera for the keen traveller.

Now, i am planing to purchase Canon PowerShot SX200 IS because it would be good reviews to compare other reviews in market because canon is a good brand name of digital cameras.

[Image: Canon_SX200_IS_blue.jpg]

Canon Powershot SX200 IS Digital Camera Major Features:-

• 12.1 MP high resolution 1/2.3” CCD
• 12x optical zoom (28-336mm equivalent in 35mm terms)
• Lens based optical image stabilizer technology counteracts camera shake
• Compact design available in three colours: black, blue or red
• Face Detection Technology: detects up to 35 faces in a shot and adjusts focus, exposure, flash settings and white balance – for optimal results with natural-looking skin tones. Face Select & Track allows a particular face to be chosen as the principal subject in a photo. FaceSelf-Timer makes group photos easy, taking a shot when an extra face is detected in the frame
• Large 3.0-inch, high resolution (230,000 dots) LCD monitor
• Anti-reflective coatings provide wide viewing angle
• 5 step monitor brightness adjustment

The Canon PowerShot SX200 IS is available from March 2009 priced at £359.00 / €429.00 / $509.00 RRP inc. VAT.

There have been other examples of this too such as with Panasonic's Lumix line but I'm always amazed when they manage to fit a 12x zoom lens into a candybar form factor. With image stabilisation to boot! Big Grin

This camera does not have an optical viewfinder. You will need to use the rear LCD screen to compose your images, held at arms length. Akward and subject to shake, regardless of the IS. Also, try the LCD outdoors very carefully. Most of these displays are very difficult to see properly in sunlight. Some of my friends that have purchased such cameras without optical viewfinders have been very disappointed.

Regards.....Dennis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post