Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon irritation

I have spots/minute pieces of hair in the viewfinder of my 350D. Not sensor dust.
It does not appear to be on either the mirror or the graticule, but the only place I can assume it is is at the back of the graticule. The rocket blower does not move it, possibly makes it worse.
Any suggestions before I return it to the shop? I may be just still in warranty.
I can view it with a jeweller eyeglass/loupe and cannot see anything on the mirror or graticule, only through the eye viewfinder.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sorry, but this won't help... I had the same problem with my E-1, and even tried removing the focusing screen to get rid of it.

It didn't work, and I did sent it in for service.

If it is still in warranty, don't hesitate and send it in if you can. List off every problem you've had... my camera would occasionally freeze, and I got a new main logic board out of it. (It turned out to be a problem with a particular CF card.) Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Last time I saw hair in my viewfinder, I realised there was something on the focus screen. So I tried to get it off.... BIG MISTAKE. I used tissue, a brush... it only made it a lot worse...
This was about 2 months after I got my 300D... haha Smile

Take it down to Canon and see what they can do for you (and how much they want for it)
I hope you manage to resolve the issue!

Keep us updated Big Grin

Thanks guys.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post