Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canvas printing

My wife has been bugging me to buy some prints to put up on our feature walls in the house... so when I got very excited when I came across these!

http://www.bigprints.com.au/bigprints_ab...pageid=561

How cool would it be to have your digital pics turned into works of art, proudly displayed on your walls?

Anyone had canvas prints done before? How are they in real life?

I came across these a few weeks ago in an article, I cant remember the mag though. It was for a different company though - BrilliantPrints. They look fantastic and I will get some done eventually. I haven't yet though. I keen to hear what other people think too.

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

Yeah, brilliantprints sounds good too - they seem to be half the price of others, and seem to have a "no-up front payment, pay once you receive and are happy with the prints", which is cool...

I have some canvas type sample paper at home which I haven't tried printing on yet.

I am inspired to try it out now.

Canon stuff.

hmmm.. interesting.

Here in Perth, the place where I got my camera from (Camera-Land Camera House in Leederville) does canvas printing too.. but I don't know how suitable they'd be for "fine art" type prints. I've got a couple of A2-size paper prints done by them before and they are very inexpensive (AU$12.95 for normal A2 prints), but their image quality was only "OK". Great for kids posters or presentations where you want something big and bright and cheap, but I don't know if I'd want to frame one of these and hang it on the wall.

But.. their prices for printing on canvas (I imagine it doesn't include any kind of frame) are as follows:

A3 (12x16"?) - AU$29.95
A2 (16x24"?) - AU$42.90
A1 (24x32"?) - AU$64.90
A0 (32x48"?) - AU$105.00

That's significanly cheaper than either of those online places, and it is fairly easy to put together a wrap-around frame like the ones they show after a quick visit to Bunnings (I built a 3m frame for a projector screen out of skirting board like this for around AU$20, not including the screen material).

I'd imagine the texture of the canvas would do a decent job of hiding a less-than-perfect print job too, so maybe the canvas results from Camera-Land would be good enough to hang?
Who knows.. there's only one way to find out I guess!

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Robert
Oct 8, 2014, 13:06