Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cheapest monitor calibration tool

hello, I think it's time for me to calibrate my monitors again but unfortunately my old Spyder isn't working anymore. Not sure if there's a way to calibrate without having to buy a new one. In any case, what's the cheapest option out there for monitor calibration? Any suggestions?

-DK

(Sep 13, 2014, 07:43)shuttercloud Wrote:  hello, I think it's time for me to calibrate my monitors again but unfortunately my old Spyder isn't working anymore. Not sure if there's a way to calibrate without having to buy a new one. In any case, what's the cheapest option out there for monitor calibration? Any suggestions?

-DK
There are visual options available, in fact I believe windows has one, so it makes sense that mac has some type also
I think it's just a grayscale grid of differing tones from pure white all the way to pure black and you adjust your monitor until you can see separations between each of the tones
Pretty basic but it gets the job done at least to a degree
Can't get much cheaper than free
Vincent

thanks Vincent

(Sep 16, 2014, 23:08)shuttercloud Wrote:  thanks Vincent

There is a free one HERE but I have not used it.

Small program and free is what I look for to start.

I am not a gamer so I only calibrate my big Sony HD TV, not my monitor.

(Sep 14, 2014, 12:18)vincentvictor@shaw.ca Wrote:  
(Sep 13, 2014, 07:43)shuttercloud Wrote:  hello, I think it's time for me to calibrate my monitors again but unfortunately my old Spyder isn't working anymore. Not sure if there's a way to calibrate without having to buy a new one. In any case, what's the cheapest option out there for monitor calibration? Any suggestions?

-DK
There are visual options available, in fact I believe windows has one, so it makes sense that mac has some type also
I think it's just a grayscale grid of differing tones from pure white all the way to pure black and you adjust your monitor until you can see separations between each of the tones
Pretty basic but it gets the job done at least to a degree
Can't get much cheaper than free
Vincent

(Sep 17, 2014, 19:18)Pegger3D Wrote:  
(Sep 16, 2014, 23:08)shuttercloud Wrote:  thanks Vincent

There is a free one HERE but I have not used it.

Small program and free is what I look for to start.

I am not a gamer so I only calibrate my big Sony HD TV, not my monitor.

Awesome! Thanks for this.

Photoshop's built in, does fine for me. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post