Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christianity in the Workplace

1. Do you actively evangelise in the workplace? If so, how?

(My definition of "Active Evangelism" is to be always on the lookout for opportunities to verbally tell people about Jesus and Christianity ...as opposed to ..."Passive Evangelism" which I've defined as evangelism to the people in the workplace, demonstrated through your demeanour, behaviour and attitude in the secular work environment. )

2. Can anyone share any "success stories" where they've shared their faith and witnessed to someone in the office and brought someone to know Jesus Christ in a personal way?

3. Tips, Tricks, Techniques to being an effective Christian witness in a secular workplace environment??

No, I don't actively evangelise at work. My colleagues all know I attend church and I usually tell them about my involvement in church when they ask the usual 'So what's on for the weekend'.

I do however evangelise passively (by your definition) a lot. I only discovered this recently, but a friend from the UK told me once that Australians swear profusely, compared to British people, even around strangers, and this is quite true where I work, which is in an office environment. I imagine it'd be worse in a trade environment.

But I've noticed that while my colleagues swear a lot around each other, they do so less around me, and sometimes even apologise when they do it in my presence, so there is power in psaaive evangelism! However, I am being challenged when they take the name of Jesus in vain. I'm still not sure how to object to this publicly... I suffer from 'Peter' syndrome...

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I don't "actively" evangelise, more passively. My colleagues know I goes to church, and even ask if I'm skipping church (when I work on Sunday). Ditto on what axeman said. They rarely swear in front of me, and if they do, they are normally quite apologetic. Most do not use the name of God in vain, cause I do "jokingly"/ gently tell them off if they do.

I do tell and invite some of my colleagues when there is special speakers or events. And I occassionally have one on one discussions D&M about life after death and religions of the world with some of the closer colleagues.

I think action speaks louder than words. In terms of work, I'm hired to do a job... and I get it done... well and never compromise when it comes to integrity.

There are a few guys at work who are known Christians. I've never seen any witnessing to other per say but I thing that being known as a church going Christian an be witnessing in itself. Sometimes people tend to watch how they behave and act around known christians. Is a seed not planted? I think so.
I believe most of us know deep down in our hearts what is right and what is wrong. When we work closely in an environment with Christian people conviction tells us if swearing or whatever is wrong. Some may choose to ignore it. For others, it may sink in after a while.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

That's awesome guys... keep living for God! Big Grin

I'm a miserable failure at this.

I have particularly worked on two people, both quite close for a few years now.
Every time we seem to be getting somewhere, the next meeting finds everything undone, forgotten or ignored.

It certainly is not easy!

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:I'm a miserable failure at this.

I have particularly worked on two people, both quite close for a few years now.
Every time we seem to be getting somewhere, the next meeting finds everything undone, forgotten or ignored.

It certainly is not easy!

You can only do so much Rufus. Maybe it's Gods turn. They'll know who to go to when the time arrises.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yeah, we can only do so much... the rest is between God and themselves.

Keep up the good work, Roo Big Grin