Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas Shopping... ;)

Katelyn went to a "Christmas in July" party this evening and had to wear appropriate attire.
I was bored, so I grabbed a nearby shopping trolley and a camera and we did a super-quick 10 minute photoshoot for a bit of fun before she left for the party.

[Image: i-qTjqRPb-L.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Wonderful – playful, fun, and fetching. The setup, props, technical details and the great job from the model are all so captivating that I'm not even wondering why you had a shopping cart handy.

I see huge sales of this as a stock image in the coming months – I hope you got a model release and favourable terms. Big Grin But seriously, you might want to pull this photo and replace it with a version that has a really obnoxious watermark.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Gosh - looks good to me. I think I may order 2 of those...

One would last me ages. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Yeah, can't have enough good trolleys these days. The ones with the squeaky wheels drive me nuts at the grocery store...

The idea is great and so is your picture, Adrian... Smile

Beautiful model btw.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

haha.. you guys (and ladies).. Thanks.
Toad and NT... I must warn you that these kind of purchases always come with hidden costs. Big Grin

Matthew, I hadn't thought of the potential for stock images, but you're right that it could be something a lot of companies might want for their marketing leading up to Christmas.

I was pretty happy with how the photo turned out. As I said, the actual "photoshoot" only took a few minutes because Katelyn had to leave for her party. The original photo as it came out of the camera shows just how dodgy it was:
[Image: i-DRbpMDd-M.jpg]

I didn't have time for any set-up or lighting... but thankfully it was a really overcast day outside so I knew the sky would act as a huge 360deg softbox. The white concrete also helped reduce shadows a bit. This particular shot was actually just a practice one before we got into position for the shot I had in mind, but I ended up liking it the most.
But as usual, cutting corners while setting up before the shot means spending a lot more time in post processing. So a 10 minute photoshoot ended up requiring a couple of hours in photoshop to clean up.

Here's another image from the set:
[Image: i-n8Dr8pL-L.jpg]
This was the type of shot I originally had in mind and was setting up for, but I prefer the top image. Katelyn and I are going to do some work on poses over the next few months, so you might see some more of her.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Yep, top image better as it purposefully echoes the cart stereotype we already have in our heads.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Agree with the superiority of #1 over #2. #2 loses the immediacy of shopping cart recognition.

I bet Katelyn is thrilled with this photo - who wouldn't be?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post