Can someone point me to software that does a circular crop?[attachment=7051][attachment=7052]
I've read that you can do in in Office, but I failed to comprehend and excecute this approach
You can crop to a circle in Photoshop, but no matter how you crop to a circular format, it will only save as a circular crop if you save it as a file type that supports transparency, PNG or GIF.
Other editors will work the same way. a circular crop isn't actually a round image, it is a round layer on a transparent background.
Assuming you want an image circle with a white background, like this:
To do this in Lightroom:
1. Crop & Straighten Tool: Crop to square/rectangle, so circular image is in center of the square/rectangle.
2. Post-Crop Vignetting: Slide sliders to produce desired effect. These settings might get you close.
Lightroom can produce a white or black vignette like this. If you need a different color of background, a transparent background, or better control of the circular shape, then a pixel editor (such as Photoshop) would be the appropriate tool.
Shoot this again, no shadows, crisp, well defined edge, standing out against chosen background. P/S wand will then find the edge all round, and segregate easily to give as you want. Ed.
If you have Photoshop, you can easily do this.
In this process:
1. Open your file in Photoshop
2. In the Background layer and make it a Normal layer.
3. Select the Elliptical Marquee Tool
4. Create the circle
5. Inverse the layer
6. Delete the outer layers
7. Crop your image to save