Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anne Sutcliffe

I went to see Anne Sutcliffe at an evening organised by the Cornwall Photographic Alliance, last night. This was a print evening, not dpis, and fairly small prints at that. Her work is very interesting, most of it involving a significant amount of photoshop adjustment to produce partially, and often selectively, desaturated images with reduced contrast and adjusted colour levels. Have a look at her website at http://www.annesutcliffe.com/ and let me know what you think. The images on the website are very small but give you some idea of her style.

Interesting how she applied those tone. Yes images are great and good to my eyes. It attracts the way it was post processed for me. Big Grin

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

enjoyed the images immensely - ty

technically, she has developed (no pun intended) an interesting style

She certainly shows what can be done when the taken photo is just the starting point. Wish I had her skill with the software. She has produced some beautiful and intriguing images and I appreciate the comments with each photo telling how she did it.

The prints were equally good. Most only about 8 x 6 ins but very well processed on fine art papers.

Having now visited Anne Sutcliffe's website and looked at a lot of her images I have to agree that she has an individual style and a wonderful 'seeing eye'.

I believe I was on the judging panel when she received her Fellowship of the 'Royal' twenty years ago. They were all portrait photographs taken in Rajasthan and a completely different style from what I've just been looking at today.

Thanks for mentioning her.