Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Waiting for the call to scramble....

This photo was taken at the Imperial War Museum Duxford, where the Historic Flight is based (as well as examples of just about every other aircraft ever to have flown). https://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford
We arrived before the morning fog had lifted and these Tiger Moths were lined up ready for the day. This is a crop of about 50% of the original image.  I used my Fujifilm X30 set to 200iso, f8, 1/750th, 25mm. I applied a vignette and a warm sepia overtone, to try and make the atmosphere more WW1.  In my youth, I was fortunate enough to fly a Tiger Moth. It is the most fun one can have with one's clothes on, in the air.

[Image: 43612870890_7fb1f6c310_b.jpg]

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Classy shot, Graham. Admire your treatment. Works for me.

Regards, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Excellent Graham, nostalgic to boot. Worked on 3 in the 50's, belonged to MAAF, Malayan Auxiliary Air Force, weekend wonders!! Some hairy experiences.

One comment, why not close the Locker door, middle shot, and dismiss the worker. Love to see the original. Thanks. Ed.

To each his own!

(Oct 26, 2018, 03:33)EdMac Wrote:  One comment, why not close the Locker door, middle shot, and dismiss the worker. Love to see the original.  Thanks.  Ed.
Wasn't in my gift to do so, Ed.  Beyond the security barrier!

GrahamS

Lovely shot Graham - captures (for me) the quintessential image of old England, airfield with pilots waiting to be scrambled early morning for a dog fight over the English channel (maybe Ive been watching too many  old war films)

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Bridgette, you confirm that I succeeded in what I tried to convey. Glad you like it.

GrahamS

(Oct 26, 2018, 05:56)GrahamS Wrote:  
(Oct 26, 2018, 03:33)EdMac Wrote:  One comment, why not close the Locker door, middle shot, and dismiss the worker. Love to see the original.  Thanks.  Ed.
Wasn't in my gift to do so, Ed.  Beyond the security barrier!
Personally I have the suspicion the comment about closing the locker door etc. could have been directed to "post-processing", bearing in mind some (eg. sepia addition) had already been done. Not "physically". Or is it just me that takes out skyscraper cranes, unwanted people and reflections and so on? I certainly would have "closed the locker" and "dismissed" the worker, just for effect. Easily done. Oh dear, am I a philistine!?   Undecided

Standing as a nostalgic postcard... I loved it. I would fly with them... Thank you, Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 14, 2015, 12:15
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Feb 5, 2015, 15:42