Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Concerned over Tsunami

I really hope no Shuttertalk families are affected.

Cave canem

I'm safe! Big Grin

Everyone post a message here, just to check that you're alright Smile

Bad Adam..................

24,000 dead, and still counting. :o

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Bad Adam..................

24,000 dead, and still counting. :o

I sometimes talk to a chap who lives in Thailand, on another message board. He retired there, from the UK with his wife. They live on the eastern coast, just posted this afternoon to say they're both at home, both ok and getting a lot of phonecalls from home (uk) to make sure they're alright.

It's horrific, shocking. Difficult to grasp the scale of something like that!

Polly

There is a fella named Don Ellis who visits the Canon Digital Photography Forum. Apparently he and his wife are in that area. So everyone, prayers out to their safe return home.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I am very sorry for this natural phenomenon...

I have had always the crazy idea with earthquakes that when something happens in America... the other half of the planet will suffer something similar within few days... sometimes it comes true someothers not... I don't really know if there is a theory or studies about it actually... but for me it is some sort of reality.... I only hope this time that was all....

@Petographer I will pray for your friend in that forum....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Did you see some of the pictures posted on DPreview?
Scarey.

THey're saying what triggered it was an 8.1 earthquake between Australia and Antartica late last week. It built up the pressure for the release for this event.

Nature is still the biggest of em all. There are some amazing pictures of devastation as the coastline moves 3-5 kims inland in some places. I feel for those who have been taken. And hope it all gets back together soon enough.

PS. I'm also pleased that a 'War on Nature' hasn't been announced yet.

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

adam Wrote:Did you see some of the pictures posted on DPreview?
Scarey.

Wait, it wasn't dpreview forum.

The pictures were on his pbase, then he probably took them down because I now see his pictures on the news website :o

Incredible!!!! The forces of nature are humbling.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

The news here in California is all about the likelihood of one hitting here. Apparently the good ole US of A has a seismic warning system out on the ocean floor... they figure a minimum of 1.5-3 hours warning if the same thing happened off of the US coast.

Very tragic and horrific news indeed. Pretty sad, especially at this time of the year.

Hey I hope Peter and his family is ok -- is he back from Vietnam yet? I didn't see any news about Vietnam being affected... but just checking...

Talked to Peter last night on msn, he said that he heard about it (probably just like we hear about it), but he didn't sound like he was affected at all. He seemed very happy about his new purchases and nightclub experiences instead Smile hehe

Petographer Wrote:There is a fella named Don Ellis who visits the Canon Digital Photography Forum. Apparently he and his wife are in that area. So everyone, prayers out to their safe return home.

Don's okay! He even posted a photo he took in the aftermath:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/show...hp?t=51907

I know a couple on honeymoon in Phuket who are still missing but their hotel room has been vacated so their hopefully in transit.

Even down here some 4,000kms from the centre people walking across a shallow ocean crossing to a place called "Penguin Island" had to be rescued because of the tidal surge forming a rip of sorts.

The weather here has been very strange too, hail on a day when it was over 100f, cloud every day and 80%+ humidity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Jan 9, 2005, 04:13