Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Content pirates!!

Bah, this has got me pretty incensed ...

This guy has the nerve to not only copy and paste the entire text of my review into his auction listing, but also link to images on my server!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...3858715066

Anyway, eBay authorities have been notified...

ha! That's outrageous.... I can't believe people try that... At least an acknowledgement of the work would have been nice.. or an inquiry around the use of your hard work.....

Although, I'll give this guy credit.. I couldn't tell that it wasn't your body he stuck your head onto. It looks real-as.

Bye bye robyahh... it's been fun watching you pirate... well not fun.. just funny that you think you could try it on.

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

Bogus!

How did you find out?

slejhamer Wrote:Bogus!

How did you find out?

His cyber wooden leg made had a .wav associated with it and woke him up one day at work Wink

Someone kind person emailed me actually. Not sure exactly who that person was, but thank you, whoever you are! Big Grin

Why don't you remove the images from your server?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I've had a long running problem with other people hot-linking images and files from my counter-strike website.

You have a counter-strike website? Are you playing Half Life 2 yet?

Yep, I have a CS website http://www.bobsbunker.net

And, nope, not playing HL2, my machine won't run it.

let's play CS Big Grin~

shuttertalk: Temporarily the images with something rude Big Grin
so when people look at it.... :|
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Tongue
Put a picture of a Leica, or maybe a Holga, or a polaroid... or a car, or a dog

I'm at work

I'm all for playing CS, I haven't played it in years!

At the moment the network here consists of four machines all capable of running CS but no-one to play with Sad

So the CS in Photoshop CS means Counter Strike?

:confused:

In years StudioJ?!
It's up to 1.6 now!!! using 'STEAM' hehe Tongue

computer science, creative suite, chicken soup, counter strike

Hmmm, CS.... Must admit that i've never played. I've was a Quake fan for a bit, then moved to SOF, now I'm playing Call of Duty. Maybe time to invest in CS. hehe, maybe we could start a clan... Team ShutterShot?...

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

Yes Adam, years, since the last time I went to WA LAN which was a good 2 1/2 years ago and I'd been playing it a couple of years then, I'm an old hand but in my old age my reflexes aren't what they used to be Wink

Back on topic, here's an interesting turn of events:

I emailed him, asking him nicely to remove my material:

Quote:Dear robbyahh,

Hi there, I noticed that you've copied and pasted the entire text of my review on Shuttertalk, and not only that -- you're linking to images on my server.

While I am slightly flattered, I would ask you to please kindly remove all offending text and images, as this material is copyrighted.

You are welcome to post a link to the review, but please be a bit more original than cutting and pasting.

I am reporting this matter to ebay authorities and they will in due course suspend your account and all oustanding auctions if this matter is not rectified pronto.

Thanks kindly,
Julian

And he replied today with:

Quote:My apologies to you for doing this. I should have asked your permission first.
I actually cut and paste if from someone elses ebay advert, but that does not make what I have done right.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...eName=WDVW

I am happy to change my advert and remove your review if that is your desire. I will do this shortly.

My apologies once again and keep up the great reveiws. When someone like you who is in the know can publish reviews like this if is very helpful.

Thanks

Rob

I noticed that his auction description on ebay reads much differently now... I have to give him credit for apologising and doing what was appropriate. Big Grin

Now, to go after the guy whom he copied the ad off... :x

I've enabled hotlink protection on this server, which means that sites trying to link directly to images on shuttertalk.com will come up with broken images.

I hope everyone doesn't mind -- I intend this to be a temporary measure only.
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1467

I was actually thinking of replacing the images with this (tee hee hee), but thought the better of it Big Grin

[Image: stole.gif]

For those members with photos in our gallery section or forums, and are linking to them from your personal sites -- apologies. This action is not intended to stop you from doing so, as I don't mind offering some free image hosting to our loyal members.

I will disable hotlink protection as soon as these ebay content pirates are dealt with... which hopefully is soon.

Hahaha!!! free advertising Smile

Oh gosh that's funny...

[Image: ebaystole.gif]

The shuttertalker has comething to hide by not showing his tastbar!!!!111one1 ph34r the naughty sites!

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hahah lol... you can see "backup forums" is one button I keep within easy reach...

I like the stop sign. You could also put something like:

This product review is copyrighted material. If you are seeing it in an ebay auction, then the seller is using it illegally and we strongly suggest you not do business with this seller. But you are obviously into cameras, so why not stop by our friendly photography site, www.shuttertalk.com, and have a look?

Hey good idea Mitch! Smile

That's a much nicer image than what I replaced my images with <WEG>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post