Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Continuous Mode Problem

Hi all,
I am brand new to the forum. I am an OAP with a huge interest in photography which has developed since taking early retirement to care for my wife. I now own a Nikon 8800. I have been reading these forums for a few weeks and finally took the plunge to register and start posting.

My first post involves a question re the continuous mode with my camera. This mode allows me to position the camera and set it to take photographs at intervals set by myself. My problem is getting out of continuous mode.
On accessing the menu (after a continuous session) I am unable to de-select the continuous mode.
Scrolling down to the 'continuous' option and activating it simply confirms that I am in that mode but does not give me the option of de-selecting or indeed making a different selection.

Can anyone help please
Thanks....Pops

First of all, have a good read of your camera manual. Especially the bit about continuous shooting .
You have several continuous shooting modes as well as single shot and on my camera (panasonic) they are operated by a little button on the top of the camera, which cycles through them all Yours may do this through the menu, and change by using the selection ring. So you select continuous (H) ..(L).. (?) figure of eight sign...then singleshot. Well I do anyway. Hope this helps if you can figure out what I mean.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks for that nt73.
I tried using the command wheel and it worked just fine. There was no mention of this little trick in the manual.

A few weeks ago I gave up my Panasonic (FZ10) for the Nikon. If I am honest with myself I wish I had gone for the FZ20
Thanks again for your positive reply
Pops

Welcome Pops; glad you're sorted...and looking forward to some pics of those dales!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Good job, NT73!

Welcome to Shuttertalk Pops.... glad to have you onboard. Big Grin

Welcome Pops! I'm a native of Derbyshire myself, from Ilkeston to be exact. I now live in California, but my mom and sister are still in the Alfreton area. Look forward to seeing some of your work Smile

Glad to see you on board Pops.

Canon stuff.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I feel at home already

By 'eck, Craig lad!Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Hey Pops, after seeing your daughter, now realise whom you be. And there is me, trying to teach an old dog new tricks. You will like it here.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:Hey Pops, after seeing your daughter, now realise whom you be. And there is me, trying to teach an old dog new tricks. You will like it here.
Well spotted ... I had you twigged first day Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 25, 2017, 11:07
Last Post by johnytrout
May 8, 2014, 15:46