Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cool web_photo tool...

Came across this today - actually NOT via StumbledUpon!! -

http://fotobuzz.org/

This looks like a really neat little tool that could be very cool to have at Shuttertalk. It could be used for critiques, for example, without having to say 'that litlle blue-grey thingy above her head next to the window, etc."

I'll take a peek at the code, Julian, and see if it would fit into PunBB. Someone's already written integration code for coppermine, but it would be cool to use it 'in-post'.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

That could prove to be a handy tool.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wow, great find Cailean!

It looks awesome, and the possibilities blow my mind away!

Now... to see if it can be incorporated into these forums.

Apparently it can be done with Coppermine, which is the software we currently use in the Gallery...

Hm... it seems pretty straightforward, and I believe it can be done without breaking things too much. I'll give it a go tonight... Big Grin

it seems you can just add a class to any img tag... wow.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Gaargh... tried it, worked standalone, but couldn't get it to work when integrated with the forums for some reason.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Ok all, I finally got it working in our forums, but it seems to have a few problems - which means that unfortunately, I won't be implementing it until the next version comes out, which will hopefully some of these problems.

To see it an action:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/fotobuzz/

Unfortunately, it has a few shotcomings:
- Doesn't handle progressive jpegs
- Some pics it doesn't display for some reason
- When there's a display error, it doesn't fall back to the original image - you just see a black canvas
- Images with special characters (e.g. spaces) in their names are not supported
Also, it actually stores the comment data WITHIN the actual images themselves, and I am quite paraniod that it might accidentally corrupt the photos that people upload, which would be a huge tragedy.

The next version (due in a few days/weeks?) stores comments in a database instead, and will hopefully fix some of the issues above. I'm looking forward to that one - when it comes out, I'll look at it again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by alastair_hm
Aug 15, 2007, 03:03