Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Couch Potatoes - How long do you watch TV in a day?

I saw this interesting graphic from the Economist, ranking countries by their average daily TV consumption.
http://www.economist.com/research/articl...id=9527126

Australia's somewhere in the middle, but the US - 8 hours average daily viewing - takes the crown. I'm thinking - 8 hours?? And that's an average. How do people physically fit that in to their day?

Anyway, just wondering - how long do people spend each day on the box? I don't do it every day, but when I do, it's usually 1 to 2 hours. Having a media centre PC helps to cut down that number too - I get to skip all the ads and watch only the shows I want to watch, when I want to watch them. Big Grin

I watch Grey's Anatomy, House, and Lost. Oh, and Simpsons sometimes, but in the background, not really "watching". That's the limit of my TV viewing.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Computer time (photos and internet) now waste much more time than television for me....

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I don't watch TV.
but I spend too long at the computer Tongue

I " watch " tv a lot more than i need too , but then again i love movies , and i am hooked on a few shows . I must say that i watch maybe 2.5 hours a day .

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I never bothered to hook up cable in the new place, and the antenna reception's horrible. I probably watch 5-8h a week of DVDs. In the fall, when it's connected, that'll probably go up to about 3-4 hours a day.

Does it still count when I'm using the computer at the same time?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I watch more TV now than I used to. Recently we bought a big HDTV - and I can be totally entertained by almost anything if I am watching it in HD...

On a very couch-potatoey day, I might watch 3 hours - usually more like 1.

matthew Wrote:Does it still count when I'm using the computer at the same time?
Of course not Wink

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Maybe 4 to 5 hours a night otherwise I'm on the computer

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

I don't believe most of you. Alistair is near average, although not nightly.
In the UK most people watch soaps and there must be at least 6 x 30/45 mins of each a day. Do the maths.
Me! I don't watch any soaps and being deaf only watch news and nature progs and a quiz or two, but they must have teletext subtitles. Soaps/serials tie you in. I like being outside in the fresh air, unless there is a good soccer match on. So how am I doing so far/sofa.Big Grin 30 hours?Rolleyes

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wedding season - I don't have the time. Winter - I might watch 2-3 DVD's a week. I don't even watch the news on TV. If the cricket is on (like the Ashes) I will watch a bit though.

I am not into TV - but love DVD's. Probably have more than 200 now.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Nov 24, 2016, 12:06
Last Post by nia
Jul 2, 2009, 14:24