Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Creativity and Failure

Rufus Wrote:
Polly Wrote:
Rufus Wrote:Say Pol, fancy a fight? :o

Where?

My broadband IP probably blows my cover these days but I s'pose I could resurrect 'Johnny Sokko' on a PAYG dialup if I get desperate.

You're a very bad influence - mutt Big Grin

Pols

Bike sheds, half past three. OK?

NO! Photo Showcase NOW! i'm gonna make your eyes water when you get there, doggins Tongue

(We're hijacking Don's thread here)

Pols

Polly Wrote:s'pose I could resurrect 'Johnny Sokko' on a PAYG dialup if I get desperate.

:ROFLMAO:

Big Grin

No!

Not that festerin' robot again. Nonononono!!!!! :o

Cave canem

slejhamer Wrote:
Polly Wrote:s'pose I could resurrect 'Johnny Sokko' on a PAYG dialup if I get desperate.

:ROFLMAO:

Big Grin

I used 'Johnny Sokko' one time on another board - either to confuse the dog or back him up and help him out - I forget the circumstances. He called me a "Festering Robot" in his response, told me to get back to where I came from iirc - I think he suspected it might be you at the time. Big Grin

Polly

Festerin' robot.

Grrrrrrrr. I remember an 'all, it was that DPN site, with that fellow and his fiendish followers! :o

Cave canem

Don,

As you can see from the above sentiment, this is a pretty tight knit group. I doubt anyone would have gone out of their way to hurt your feelings or purposely say negative things about your work. You post a lot of pictures.... with that comes a lot of positive feedback, but the occasional negative peice. I know it wasn't me who offended you because I have purposely not been commenting on any pictures other than those in the "critique section" where I know people are looking for comments. And, just so we are all clear here... my .02 means nothing whatsoever anyways. Its all subjective.

You have an interesting style, but at the same time I have seen you comment on others not shooting in the rule of thirds or lacking "something". Who cares about the rule of thirds... The reason THIS is such a great forum, is because of the people inside. Nasty people would be run out of here pretty quick. If you want people to like everything you do and appreciate it from an artists perspective I think that may be a bit lofty. I have seen you look at others work and be critical in your own way. Not because you are intending to be mean... it just doesn't suit your style. Personally when you attach prose to your work, I find the sentiment ... for me... goes up ten fold. You have a natural talent with words, matched to pictures.

I hope none of this was offensive to anyone, especially Don. Not my intention. However, keep in mind we are all different people, with varying tastes and perspectives. My advice would have been to pm or email the person and say "I was kind of disappointed with your remarks on my photo the other day...." and I am 100% certain you would have engaged in a positive conversation. Now I anticiapte people will not say anything less than positive things for fear of offending.

Just my measly $.02 ($.00035 United States Dollars)

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I may make a dirty bus window filter and carry it with me. Lol.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Aug 8, 2012, 04:53