Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DPOF Printing

Just wondering whether anyone uses DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) or similar for printing? On Friday, Mr Gadget and I (plus wives, baby and a friend) headed down to Lorne, on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. We spent a couple of nights there and had an absolute blast (which probably explains why I was quiet all weekend)... I'll post some piccies up tonight.

But anyway, one funtion which I have personally never used all this time is DPOF - where you select which photos you want to print from your camera, and printers/kiosks can print your selections automatically. (Other manufacturers have their own fancy names for it - PictBridge, etc.)

I decided to give it a try last night, as soon as I got home from my trip. Basically I marked about 20 photos that I wanted to print in my camera - then chucked my memory card straight in to my HP Photosmart 7660. The printer immediately asked me if I wanted to print the photos, and away it went! I went to unpack my stuff and took a shower etc., and voila - some freshly printed borderless 6x4's awaited me - all without turning on a PC!

I know, if you're one that usually manipulate and edit your photos then this won't help you one bit. However, I found the convenience factor awesome. Anyway, just my 2c worth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Robert
Oct 8, 2014, 13:06