Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DSLR Stress Test

Have you taken your DSLR out for a beating? I remember taking my ol D70 out for a rainy day walk (without any covers whatsoever) several times and survived the ordeal. Got wet.. drenched of course and my lens went all foggy. I prayed real hard that my lens will still be fine afterwards and won't catch some molds. Luckily it didn't. Weather-proofing is awesome.

What's the worst you've ever done to your cam?

(Sep 24, 2014, 17:52)shuttercloud Wrote:  Have you taken your DSLR out for a beating? I remember taking my ol D70 out for a rainy day walk (without any covers whatsoever) several times and survived the ordeal. Got wet.. drenched of course and my lens went all foggy. I prayed real hard that my lens will still be fine afterwards and won't catch some molds. Luckily it didn't. Weather-proofing is awesome.

What's the worst you've ever done to your cam?

Hello Shuttercloud

Last year I bought a Canon 1100D camera with 2 kit lenses (18-55 and 55-200) I had it for 3 months, looked after it religiously with a lovely camera bag and everything. One day I got out of the car and was undoing my gate as usual when I dropped the camera bag onto a slabbed path. I shook the bag and heard glass rattling. Hoping it was just the lens filter broken I looked and saw both lenses broken. Luckily I had them insured so I ended up with another camera and 2 lenses. To say I am now paranoid about dropping my bag is an understatement.

With regards
Snaphappy

(Sep 25, 2014, 11:29)snaphappy Wrote:  Hoping it was just the lens filter broken I looked and saw both lenses broken. Luckily I had them insured so I ended up with another camera and 2 lenses. To say I am now paranoid about dropping my bag is an understatement.

Ouch, 2 lenses!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post