Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Derek

Photographed Derek on Sunday

(Jul 24, 2018, 04:37)greenster93 Wrote:  Photographed Derek on Sunday
Lovely shot, well done!

I wonder if you could take back the bright splodges by his left shoulder though as they seem rather distracting and try a version with less skin smoothing. (I can't show you what I mean by editing this processed JPEG but I'll willingly try if you can share a copy of the original or, preferably the RAW, via Dropbox or a similar facility.)

Pic is below!

To each his own!

(Jul 24, 2018, 12:35)EdMak Wrote:  As before, this seems dark and a bit lifeless on my monitor, and really needs, to me, more of his upper body showing.
Remember, this is from a 73Kb file size,  in P/S.  Cheers.  Ed.

To each his own!

(Jul 30, 2018, 07:12)EdMak Wrote:  
(Jul 24, 2018, 12:35)EdMak Wrote:  As before, this seems dark and a bit lifeless on my monitor, and really needs, to me, more of his upper body showing.
Remember, this is from a 73Kb file size,  in P/S.  Cheers.  Ed.
Certainly better composition but the overprocessing problems remain - and will do until the OP can share an original high-def JPEG or RAW with us so that we can start afresh.

There's a lovely-looking lad hiding here somewhere but he's got lost behind all the heavy JPEG edits and compression that can't be rolled back.

This is a delightful portrait - leave it alone!  You have captured Derek just right, with nice rim light, great skin tones, and the soft texture typical of many little boys.  The only point from comments above that  I would agree with concerns the background - darkening the bright blobs.  In addition, I would keep the square format but cropped a bit closer to Derek top and right - this would remove the dark distraction at the top right.  I might also apply a bit of extra blur to the background.   

Cheers.
Philip

Was at friend seeing his new Mac desktop, eye watering price. Monitor calibrated when delivered onsite Took the opportunity to edit this again.  My monitor is very close.

The only pic I would put my name to and sell, is this one.  To me, see my signature,  the rest, except my original, are dull, lifeless, flat.

I trained in the 50's when mood pics, soft focus and the like were not around, still shudder when I see a print with the head cropped.

To each his own!!   Ed.

To each his own!

Nicely done, I might tone down the hot spots in front of his chest a tad.