Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dewy's New Toy!

Been a long time since I have posted on here, again, but after leaving photography due to my old camera just being too noisy and annoying me, I decided to buy a new camera, and pick up the hobby again, I went out and purchased a Canon Digital Rebel XTi (aka EOS 400D), I have already done a Awards Dinner for my old schools sporting award night, and some photos of cars, cats, and plants, and loving the camera, expect some cool photos to be uploaded soon

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hi Dewy, I'm a near neighbour at Shoal Bay, Newcastle great place for photographs.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

It is indeed, I want to head over to Stockton to take some photos of the old ship Wreck, I live in Lake Macquarie about 5 minutes drive off of the F3 high way, so I head up to Mt Suggarloaf now and then, havn't been up with the new camera yet tho :-(

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hi Dewy,

I'd like to see what you come up with from Sugarloaf...The view is great up there...I'm in Port Stephens as well.

Sharon

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Nice to see you back in the fold, Dewy!! Still dating Miss World?

Toad Wrote:Nice to see you back in the fold, Dewy!! Still dating Miss World?
No he isn't. I dumped him before he had the chance to dump me. Big Grin

Hiya Dewy. Big Grin

Polly

lol @ Polly... Big Grin

Congrats Dewy! Big Grin

just curious. On the Canon, what is the 35 mm focal length equivalent of 18-55 mm?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

On the 350D it is the focal length x 1.6 which on the 18-55 = 28.8 - 88

But I think the 400D has a bigger sensor.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

hahah 400D .. if the body werent so small id like it more ..

the sensor clean function is what makes it really stand out .. i think i should become more activein shuttertalk again =P

Oh wow! Dewy got another camera Smile Hope to new pics from you soon.