Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Digital Camera Bargains

Mike Johnston has posted a list of six cameras that he calls "Digital Camera Bargains".

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.co...gains.html

It's an interesting read -- and I have to agree with his #1 choice.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Interresting. I wonder what we can expect from Sony after buying Konica/Minolta.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hm.. interesting article, matthew!

I think the term "bargain" that the author uses is slightly misleading. A $3000 SLR wouldn't exactly fit in most people's price brackets...

Perhaps something like "bang for your buck" would be more appropriate...

ST, I guess it depends on how much you value the full frame sensor - for me the 5D was a bargain. He does mention that it is still a lot of money though (and it was a lot for me at the time).

I think it is a pretty good list. It covers a lot of manufacturers. I would like to see one for some more point and shoot type cameras.

Canon stuff.

shuttertalk Wrote:I think the term "bargain" that the author uses is slightly misleading. A $3000 SLR wouldn't exactly fit in most people's price brackets...
Bargains are relative, I suppose. I laughed when I saw the C-5D on the list; a lot of people did call it the first "affordable" FF camera. It isn't the word I would have used, either.

I only have experience with one of the cameras he mentions, which is my own. Six months after it hit the stores -- two and a half years ago -- it was selling for $3500 with the 'kit' lens. I bought it ten months ago for $2200. I just looked it up; the store where I bought mine now lists the same kit for $1600.

Also relevant to the discussion regarding bridge/prosumer cameras; the Sony R-1 is the only non-DSLR mentioned. Given that he includes one camera for its price point, but its "image quality might not wow you", it's an interesting pro-SLR slant.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post