Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dixon Gardens

Here are a few shots I took recently at the Dixon Gardens here in Memphis. I thought the containers were as lovely as the plants in them.

[Image: 2955821867_aa86ce6a90.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2962189013_c92e5a85f1.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2966184794_1bbc3ebfbb.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2962166407_25983e7c65.jpg?v=0]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

These are very nice Aine.. Is it that you are working lately with a harder contrast in your pictures than you used to do?

I like very much that because your picture never looks flat. Take for example the bw there is really nice contrast there. I like it very much specially the flowers at the right!! They look so sweet.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I love the pastel treatment of the last one. A lovely autumn collection, what with the cyclamen an' all.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Irma, thank you. Yes, I have been working on contrast in some of my photos and trying to work more in B&W for a change. I'm glad you like these.

Zig, thank you for the nice comment....and when you mention "cyclamen," are you talking about the first plant, because I've been trying to find a picture of it on the internet to find out what it is. I've never seen a plant with polka-dot leaves like that before.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post