Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you return prints?

Hey when you go and get prints done at a shop... do you return the prints you don't like (or get them to re-print them)? (Could be film or digital I guess)

I usually never do this (I assume the bad ones are due to bad photography)... but I was at the store the other day and saw this lady going through the photos and pulling out almost every second one!

I had a peek and her shots were all underwater ones... Half were unfocused, and half were taken with onboard flash (all the particles in the water were lit up) - I'd say most of the returns were due to her not knowing how to use the camera properly.

Yeah but anyway, getting side tracked here. Just wondering - is the photo shop obligated to re-print them or refund some of your money?

mann .. i would never be bold enough to do that ~_~...
would feel so embarressed ...

Dont know. I've never needed to send one back.

Cave canem

I am guessing it would be all in the contract, or store terms and conditions, some may offer a garantee.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

But how do you know that the unfocused fuzzy pictures are a result of bad photography or a development fault?

in the case that shuttertalk mentioned i would be placing my money on poor photography.

Even if in the development process the photos turned out fuzzy I doubt it would be every second one..... maybe one or two tops.

But then again I am no expert in this field!!!! Big Grin

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

hm.. i dunno...

i'd probably return some if they were clearly due to bad processing -- like some photos where you see the edge of another photo in the photo...

Quote:like some photos where you see the edge of another photo in the photo...
That's understandable...... I probably would do the same if that happened.

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

A friend I know used to return prints he was unsatisfied with. He used to work in a photo lab so he knows when it's the customer's fault and when it's the lab's fault.

He'd return prints that had little white spots - caused by dust/dirt from the machine scanner-thingamajigger, which the lab techs neglect to clean sometimes.

You should not be afraid to exercise your right to good service, especially if you've paid for it. Smile

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
May 31, 2010, 17:01
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Nov 7, 2007, 00:58