Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you watch TV?

If so, have you ever tried NOT watching it? The effect is interesting.

Big Grin

Cave canem

yeah, you end up with more time! Smile

i hardly watch tv nowadays, but still do on occasions. i prefer to watch dvds and videos...

No, I don't watch TV Smile
Well, I may watch if I walk past and see family watching something interesting - but usually - it's the news Smile

watch tv every morning when getting ready for work mainly for news and weather Smile
i prefer to watch dvds... concerts, movies... including the hong kong movies... Smile

i dont watch much these days ..
dont find it really interesting ..
i live on my computer ~_~

it would be interesting to see hwat happens when i dont have a computer though ..
ill have withdraw symtoms ..

i find myself not watching a lot of tv myself. Only a few selected shows that I like.

I don't like sitting and 'channel surfing' if ya know what I mean.

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I don't have a TV and have been quite happy without one for more than 2 years now! As a result, I believe I have accomplished a lot more over these 2 years than anytime in my life!

I'm also able to spend more time with my wife, family and friends - most importantly God!

There's so much junk on TV it's unbelievable...funny how people have stopped calling it the "idiot box".

Let me challenge you guys to see if you can live without it...

Mr.Gadget Australia
www.mrgadget.com.au
Home of quality PC Gadget and Memory Cards!

Mr G,
That's a very fine idea!

I think we should dump the box!!

Mind you, in this country, there is a license fee on top of any cable/sky fees. Anyone OWNING a TV without a license is fined heavily. If you own a PC with a TV card, but no TV, the same applies. If you only watch videos or DVD's, the same STILL applies.
Is it like that with you too????

Cave canem

Crazy ..
fees for having a TV ?
-_-"
ive never heard of such a thing in my life ..
is it a once off fee ? ...
or continual fee ?

Annual, Peter.

Do you not have this then??

Cave canem

nope...
we dont have anything like it ...
its da aussie way ^_-

A licence for your TV? That, I've never heard of... So how much we talkin' annually? Does one licence cover all your TVs? - if you had more than one.... I know people with 3 TVs in their house, and one each in their SUV and trailer!

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

£130 pa, roughly. What's that in Canadian Doofers, about 225?

No. Just one per household. I think a mobile SUV would need another though....

Tip:

England is the rip-off centre of the "civilised" world. Other countries dump their rubbish here, whilst we make our own too.

Cave canem

Gee, that's pretty harsh... apparently there's a new mobile out that can receive TV too.. will they charge you for that too? Big Grin

Yes, in Malaysia they used to have licenses for television! HARHAHRAHRHARHRAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only DVDs I have are concerts Big Grin
I don't find watching "music videos" exciting.

I do watch TV. Mainly news and them crime shows like CSI and Crossing Jordan, but I stay away from the reality stuff like the plague...

License on TVs??? Not here in Aussie... but we do get double-taxed on our petrol here...

The petrol price includes an excise tax, and the govt then slaps an extra 10% GST on all of it... grrr... :x

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I'm sure the petrol in Europe is a lot lot lot lot more!
How much do you pay per litre there?
So.... who here goes to the cinema and watches movies?
When was the last time you went? what movie was it?

I think that 'reality' tv is very silly Smile

I saw I, Robot on Tuesday... it was awesome! I tend to go to the movies for the big flicks, as you don't get the same experience on TV/DVD...

The last movie I saw at the cinema was Armageddon. Smile
I don't watch many movies, but if I do, the 'experience' isn't there as VCD's dont have such good quality, although DVD is alright Smile
but I don't have DVD movies.. my family does though Smile
My dvd collection consists of concerts.... stevie ray vaughan, steve vai, joe satriani; things like that Wink

adam Wrote:The last movie I saw at the cinema was Armageddon. Smile

Wooot? That was released in 1998! Are you trying to set a record or something, for abstaining from movies? Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:I saw I, Robot on Tuesday... it was awesome! I tend to go to the movies for the big flicks, as you don't get the same experience on TV/DVD...

haha..
i saw irobot on tues as wel..
was pretty goods ..

Quote:as you don't get the same experience on TV/DVD...
Imagine having a full THX approved cinema surround sound setup in your home!!!

*drool*

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

dave Wrote:Imagine having a full THX approved cinema surround sound setup in your home!!!

*drool*

Don't you already have one in your car? Big Grin

de_axeman Wrote:I do watch TV. Mainly news and them crime shows like CSI and Crossing Jordan, but I stay away from the reality stuff like the plague...

License on TVs??? Not here in Aussie... but we do get double-taxed on our petrol here...

The petrol price includes an excise tax, and the govt then slaps an extra 10% GST on all of it... grrr... :x

Petrol in the UK = 80p per litre on average, about 2.2AUD

Cave canem

wow ... thats alot ..
i shouldnt really complain about the 95c a litle i pay for petrol now then ..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Jul 2, 2009, 14:24