Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eastbourne Pier

[img][Image: 23642992858_4171cb0396_k.jpg]_mg_4857 pier 1 by derek webber, on Flickr[/img]Took this on a long weekend in Eastbourne. Used a ten stop filter and tripod for long exposure. ƒ/22.0
[*] 43.0 mm

[*] 61 secs

[*] 100 iso

[*]

Very nice shot, I like that a lot. I guess my one and only criticism is from a compositional point of view, I'd have preferred it with some separation between the foreground fence and the pier over on the right hand side. Where the two overlap it just takes a tiny something away from me. I reckon this could be done in Photoshop if needs be - but others may like the way the two shapes actually start together and then separate. Other than that - superb!

Perhaps best to start this with Ed's usual comment - 'To each his own!' - as cotton wool water doesn't appeal to me! Derek (delboy) makes a good point about the groyne merging with the pier. Also the sky wasn't helpful, leading to there being little separation between the tones of some of the pier structures and the tones in the sky. The pier itself looks good - properly exposed, good perspective, and plenty of detail in the supports and the superstructure. But I do miss seeing the waves turning over on the lovely pebbled beach in the foreground there. Sorry, Derek (Webber)!

Cheers.
Philip

Have you a "Normal" pic you can post. Ta. Ed.

To each his own!

(Oct 14, 2017, 02:44)EdMak Wrote:  Have you a "Normal" pic you can post.  Ta.  Ed.
Is this "normal" enough. A judge once said about it " Its a photo of garlic & logs. What more can I say" I did laugh.

[img][Image: 36984366374_a17a3b4da1_k.jpg]IMG_0247 garlick & logs by derek webber, on Flickr[/img]

Did Ed actually mean a picture of Eastbourne Pier?

[attachment=7179]

Cheers.
Philip

Ed did. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by webber
Dec 13, 2017, 09:59
Last Post by Irma
Jan 22, 2005, 12:20