Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Event Photography

I have been asked to do some event photography for a venue nearby. I should be getting be steady gigs every weekend pretty soon, what software do you guys use to make professional looking watermarks. Just the ones for the bottom left or right that provide a link to my website (still to be made). I tried making it in gimp but it just wasn't working out, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Lightroom can do it very nicely if you use it as part of your workflow...

Watermark Master.

Thanks

You can make professional looking watermarks in Photoshop or Illustrator, but if you don't know what you're doing, they're going to look like ass.

(Feb 29, 2012, 19:03)shuttertalk Wrote:  Lightroom can do it very nicely if you use it as part of your workflow...

If you use Lightroom 3 I know you have an export option you can simply select a watermark, text or graphic. You can mass export them with the logo too.

I used to use a custom brush in Photoshop – the results could be good, but the process wasn't something I would recommend for more than a few images as it had to be applied individually. On the other hand, it does let you choose the appropriate size, colour, and position for each image, so it's quite effective if you can take the time and want the best results.

A photoshop tutorial that I found, but GIMP should be able to do something similar.
http://thephotoletariat.com/make-a-custo...watermark/
(essentially: create logomark, select, save as a custom brush shape from the appropriate menu.)

I've also used Lightroom, but now use Smugmug as a photo host, and it can automatically add custom watermarks to every image in a gallery. It's not cheap, but I have thousands of photos hosted with them by now.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

That's a good tutorial, I'll give it a go thanks. I've heard about Smugmug but $$$! I'll take a look at the methods suggested here and see what works for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post