Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ex-Politican smashes Journo's camera to bits

This is quite humourous... a former politician (leader of the Australian Labor Party) was being photographed yesterday at a fast food restaurant, when he threw a punch at the photog, took the camera, sped off in his car and proceeded to smash the camera to bits in his shed. To top it all of, today, he deliberately veered his car and almost ran over a TV cameraman outside his home...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,178...21,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17879894-2,00.html

Quote:Yesterday Mr Latham, a candidate for prime minister in the 2004 election, reportedly threw a punch at photographer Ross Schultz of Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper, called him a pedophile, and destroyed one of his cameras.

Daily Telegraph editor David Penberthy said today the newspaper was seeking $12,000 from Mr Latham to replace the lost equipment.
Quote:"Our understanding is that after he'd pinched the camera from the photographer at the Hungry Jack's car park he sped off, took it home, took it into the shed and basically systematically destroyed it with what looks like a hammer."

"It is in several hundred pieces. It's incredible."
$12000 = Canon 1D MK II with lens? I'd love to have seen a photo of the camera in bits...

Classic Jules! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Glad to see we haven't seen the last of Latham's dummy spits! hehe

Sigh.. Its all a bit of a lose-lose situation. I'd hate to be stalked by tabloid photographers while taking my kids for lunch, so I can understand Latham's frustration... but really you'd expect somebody who was close to being our PM to be able to handle situations like this with a bit of dignity. He walked into his role as Labour leader with both eyes open, and he's quite happy to use the media when it suits his purposes... So I don't feel too sorry for him (but I do feel sorry for his kids).

I think they should sack ALL politicians and let us pick our own!! Big GrinBig Grin

I'd pick David Boon!!!! Boooooooooooooney!!!! Dead-set legeeeeend!!!
Anybody who can set the in-flight drinking record between Sydney and London (52 cans of beer) and then go on to score a century against the poms has got to be good leadership material! Big Grin Big Grin

Who would you choose for PM if you could pick anybody who isn't a politician?

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter? Big Grin

If he can handle crocs, I'm sure he can handle government... Big Grin

Crikey! Big GrinBig Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Quote:"...destroyed it with what looks like a hammer."
That cracks me up. They can tell it was a camera, even after it's been 'systematically destroyed', but they're only guessing that the tool is a hammer.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Quote:"Our understanding is that after he'd pinched the camera from the photographer at the Hungry Jack's car park he sped off, took it home, took it into the shed and basically systematically destroyed it with what looks like a hammer."
That's my favourite Smile haha

and I didn't believe the media when they said that they thought he wasn't mentally OK or something? mmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post