Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exorcist

Anyone heard of this guy? The "Show" is on this weekend. You had to pay to buy a ticket to his show, but apparently a businessman from the US paid for it all, so tickets are now free!

Still undecided whether I'll be going - dunno whether it'll do me more harm than good.

Quote:Safran's exorcist coming to haunt your neighbourhood By BRYAN PATTERSON
06mar05

BOB Larson, the evangelist who famously performed a televised exorcism on John Safran, is on his way to Australia for a public "showdown with Satan".

Larson plans to cast out dozens of demons during appearances in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane this month.
"I want people to know that demon possession is a serious business and God has told me to take this to the public arena," the Arizona demon-buster said this week.

"I put my life on the line every time I go on stage. I've had ribs broken and been physically assaulted regularly when battling with the demons inside people," he said.

"Australia is where I want to be now.

"I've seen research that states the money spent on sex, booze and gambling in Australia is more than 52 times that spent on God. A mere 23 per cent of Australians participate in church or religious activity in any three-month period.

"Do you understand why I'm anxious to be there?"

Exorcism is enjoying a renaissance in churches and in popular culture.

In the last episode of John Safran vs God on SBS last year, Larson performed a four-day exorcism on the TV presenter.

On camera, Safran, who was born Jewish and professed to be an atheist, accepted Christianity. Later he said he was not sure what he believed.

"I've talked to John via email a couple of times and I don't know what he thinks now," Larson said. "If he wants to catch up in Australia that's fine.
If not, so be it."

Larson claims to have performed about 6000 exorcisms on stage. He describes the claims that he is preying on the psychologically unstable as "misguided".

"I can quickly pick up on whether someone is psychologically disturbed or demon possessed. They are completely different things."

He is equally dismissive of claims by some fundamentalist and evangelical Christians that he is "cashing in" on renewed interest in the devil and exorcism.

"The number of exorcisms performed in the world is increasing rapidly. Even the Vatican is running courses on exorcism. People have to face the reality of this. I'm not a sideshow performer.

"I'm not performing an exorcism on a naked man in a graveyard. That's what Jesus did.

"What I do is serious business. God has asked me to do this."

* Bob Larson appears at The Forum theatre on March 11. Bookings Ticketek 13
28 49.

Just what the world needs, one more TV Evangelist.

5:29 am.......................

Dont go.

Cave canem

Interesting ... my martial arts group started out in a church, with the intent of avoiding the Eastern mysticism that is often associated with martial arts. But most of the workouts were in the evening, not early morning.

OH! Sorry. That's EXERCISE. Not exorcise. My bad.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

ROFLMAO.... Big Grin

slejhamer Wrote:OH! Sorry. That's EXERCISE. Not exorcise. My bad.

Lol @ Mitch... *shriek* the propsect of both are equally scary! Big Grin

If I wasn't off to Malaysia and the US next week, I'd still give it a miss. As the presenter on the current affairs show last night put it so succintly: it's on at the same time as the football! Smile)

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

When i was in Japan last Feb, i saw on TV vatican's move to revive the school for exorcism. I was happy when i saw this because i do believe that a lot of people
are into the occult due to the internet and movies that glamorize withcraft/wizardry.

Regarding this mass exorcism, I am finding it hard to believe in this guy coz for me
exorcism is not a show for everybody to watch. As i understand, EVERY person who joins an exorcism has to rigorously prepare spiritually by fasting and prayer. NO ONE CAN BE A PASSIVE EXPECTATOR. ("You are either with me, or against me."). I warn those who will watch such public exorcism just for curiosity coz you might leave the place carrying something else within you which you never asked for. First time you watch, it was out of curiosity. Second time, it will be due to necessity. As the saying goes, "Curiosity killed the cat." Sad

Right on, Samuel!

Cave canem

He makes it a show? :|

We had a "scientific" experiment in exorcism on TV a few weeks ago!!!!

Sick.

Does Christianity no favours at all. Sad

Cave canem