Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extreme eyes...

Definately not everyones cup of tea but I have been experimenting with portraits and macro focusing on the eyes.

1. My daughter Megan, leaning over the side of the bath. The mirrored facial features gives it the extreme look. (Shes not that freakish in reality!)
[Image: IMGP8891mirror.jpg]

2. My son Jake, Extreme close up. The iris is real just sharpened and given extra contrast / light.
[Image: IMGP8918edit2.jpg]

All comments / critique appreciated..
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Both great pictures, Shane.
I like a lot Megan's picture. I like the colors in your portrait, kind of desaturated, very beautiful.
To get this kind of colors with your pictures you remove the yellows in the picture?

The macro of the eye is amazing... the texture is great!! Beautiful what you can see in this one... Smile

Thanks a lot for sharing!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

1# is simply great, very nice pp and the expression is priceless. The dof works great aswell.

Well done!

/Paul L:

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Irma Wrote:To get this kind of colors with your pictures you remove the yellows in the picture?
I used a cross processing action called acidify / urban acid on the first the get the colours in the first image. It was a free download somewhere on google...Sorry I cant remember which site.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

stunning macro work in no 2!
I don' t dislike no 1 either, just the top third or so of the background is slightly distracting to me. the break between light and dark kind of cuts her head in two.
definitely interesting. Uli

I have just understood, and yes it is a strange look. I once tried it with my face (Urgh).Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Shane, this is awesome work. The shot with Megan is so captivating - it's really intense! I like the colour treatment too - something you'd see in a magazine ad.

Jake's eyes are lovely too - amazing amount of detail...

Thanks Shane I'll look for the action.

Paul Cezanne

Both images really hold your attention.

Canon stuff.

Irma,

You can download Urban Acid Action fro Photoshop here

http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm

Once on the page just do a search for Urban Acid.

thanks Smile

Thanks for the link la1982.... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Neat Shane, both are good, but the eye stands out for me.

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Freeman
Jan 30, 2016, 12:54