Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FZ20 Review, Irma?

Irma, I was wondering how you are enjoying your FZ20... I know what I love about my FZ10 so I'd be curous to hear what you think...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

You read my mind Dear Colin.... I was about to send you a PM to make a few questions. This is very, really very kind of you to ask.

Yes... I have enjoyed a lot my camera, but I have some problems Sad....

The first thing is the colors, I find them pale... I really don't know why... I read that the best setting is to have contrast, sharpnes and saturation in "low" but I realized that my pictures were too pale so I have saturation in "std" and the others in "LOW"...

When there is something white against something a bit darker it appears a red halo in the white....

Sometimes my pictures are a bit grainy mainly in blue sky...

I have mailed to a Panasonic Agency to know if there is a forum where people discuss this things about the camera but unfortunalety I haven't got any answer...

I would apreciate a lot if you could guide me about what to do or what to try to get my settings right...

Now the good thing is that I really can get very close to the things I want to picture. I really like this, because you have more possibilities to arrange your picture as you like. The view finder is great....I am getting used to use it, because with it I don't need glasses Smile... I like very much the programs it has I could take my picture of the car running with the panning program... and it was not by chance I have to say I took some pictures and just one was a bit blurred... Also what I like a lot is that if you take a picture with the program let's say landscape, it gives you the settings, so you learn little by little what are the settings that you need for this or that landscape... Unfortunately I realized about this in my fourth day of holiday... Sad I was taking my pictures with Aperture Priority so a lot of my pictures are grainy ... It is not heavy... I like this a lot...

And I love the image stabilization! Guerito hates it because I can shoot at 1/6s and he has to set up a tripod! Big Grin

Thanks again for asking Smile
Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great stuff Irma... I was planning to ask you the same question. Big Grin

IS... mmm I'm jealous too! Big Grin

Great to see that you're getting used to your "new" camera... the photos are certainly turning out nice! Big Grin

I'm not sure how similar the FZ10 and FZ20 are in terms of default settings and such... I have found not to trust the LCD AT ALL as far as judging exposure -- things look much brighter in the camera than on a proper monitor or print.

I find my photos come out very flat as well so I usually have to boost the saturation during post-processing.

There is an Aussie forum of almost only Panasonic users -- a very helpful bunch, though I haven't been over there in a while.... let me just find the URL...
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Panasonic_FZ10/index.php

I'm away visitng family this weekend, I'll post more when I'm home.... but here's a hint as to why I had to visit family:
[Image: 58_Baby5.jpg]

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Hey! That's great!! Congratulations!!! Smile

Thanks a lot for your info, as well.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Congrats! Big Grin Big Grin

And yet another one! How many babies have we had on Shuttertalk already? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bridgette1967
Oct 31, 2018, 09:08