Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Faces of Quito

Here's one or two images taken in Quito in late January which I hope you will like. Will be interested to see what you think! Regards, Jeff [attachment=4269]        

Attached Files Image(s)

Love the guy and his piece of Melon, tells quite the story. Nice series.

Superb images Jeff. I can imagine them in the Geographical Magazine.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Clone out the background on the first, bit more contrast to first and second, then a bit of sharpening to both?? Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks for your so kind comments - very much appreciated: but ED, I only wish I knew how to fix that background! I wondered whether to crop the picture a bit more to take out that top left corner. It is however a target of mine for this year to get to grips with Photoshop. But I can at least try the contrast and sharpening as suggested - I usually am at risk of over doing those aspects! Regards all, Jeff (More Ecuador and Galapagos images to follow in due course...)

This was face sharpened only, a slight added contrast, and gently blurred the background, from a 197 Kb file! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Nice shots Jeff... always liked the travelogue people shots... you have taken a good set ... thanks for sharing

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Feb 17, 2015, 14:25)Rolf Wrote:  Nice shots Jeff... always liked the travelogue people shots... you have taken a good set ... thanks for sharing

Kind regards

Rolf

Thanks, Rolf!!

(Feb 17, 2015, 03:44)EdMak Wrote:  This was face sharpened only, a slight added contrast, and gently blurred the background, from a 197 Kb file! Ed.

Wow, thanks, Ed - I like it hugely (though I might personally soften the face a tiny bit - it is a woman after all and I sense a hint of softness - or something - in the eyes). Cheers! Jeff

Jeff, nice shots. I am not a "people" photographer by any means, but these are good street shots.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the comments - I know some people don't really fancy taking pictures of people at large if they don't know them but generally speaking I quite like doing that if I see an interesting feature. It's a bit of a challenge to get the focus sharp and the exposure nice. Interestingly, in Peru I would go right up to people and relate with them before taking shots with their involvement and agreement. In Quito, our top rate guide advised me to use the long end of the zoom - which I certainly did for the turning lady and for the water melon shots - the panama hat shot was of course a Peru-style chat-show picture. Shame they are not quite as sharp as I would like - waving the long lens around with not enough shutter speed to compensate I guess - but I am pleased that they do 'capture the spirit' somewhat. Regards all, Jeff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post