Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Feeding Time

Isn't it funny that the shots we take often convey a different emotional-set than what we're feeling?
I say this, as today I drove 25 miles away to the city/town of Bath, feeling grim, down and awful all day; in addition it hardly got above freezing.
This shot then seems to me to be pretty surreal, the light and subject suggesting a plethora of things quite other to that I was feeling at the time.
The bridge in the background is called Pulteney Bridge...it is actually ONE of only THREE bridges in the world that has shops on it...a fact that is apparently true.
I've been to one of the others, which must be the Ponte Vecchio in Florence...no idea where the final one is...!

Anyway, this was shot thus: 1/500s, 200 ISO, f8, with the 21mm.
I do love how this lens "draws" light and tone.
I've also included some foreground detail to give you an idea of what it looks like...er, close up...

[Image: 1625pigeons2BWweb.jpg]

[Image: 1625pigeons2BWwebCROP.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Great companion piece to your other one at the same location re the decisive moment. Tremendous detail obvious in the birds...

This is so very sweet... Smile You are working very nicely your compositions Zig. I find them strong, thoughtful, but at the same time they look so natural... I am happy to see your pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The light and shadow are dancing in the smoothness Smile Wonderful dear Zig, well done,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Apr 24, 2016, 15:32