Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fiji, Here I Come!

Hi all,

Just letting you know that I'm off to Fiji tomorrow, to escape the winter cold for the sunny tropics. I'll be over there for 8 days, and unfortunately I probably won't have any internet access.

Nevertheless, I'm leaving my Canon 7D behind, choosing to take my Fuji X10 exclusively - I'm sure it'll be a blast.

I'm looking forward to having a good rest with my family and also taking lots of pics over there.

I've passed on the administration responsibilities for the forums to the moderators, so please get in touch with them if you need any assistance. Hope you give them your support and also hope everyone keeps things friendly and lively while I'm gone.

See you in a bit!

Jules

Have a great trip.

Canon stuff.

Have a great trip Jules! And a safe one. Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

It is probably tomorrow now, but have a wonderful holiday anyway.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Jun 13, 2012, 23:58)shuttertalk Wrote:  … to escape the winter cold for the sunny tropics.

It took a second to figure that out – then I remembered that you live in Melbourne. Big Grin

Have a great trip, and we'll all be on our best behaviour while you're away.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hey all, back at work now and suffering for it! My family and i had a blast in Fiji, really lovely weather and took lots of photos.

As alluded to, I left my DSLR behind and just took my X10, and was really happy with the decision. I was able to carry it almost everywhere with me (apart from in the water) whereas my dad, who had his D7000, chose to leave it behind on a few occasions.

Usage wise, the X10 was a pleasure to use. There were a few times when I wished the AF had been as laser fast/accurate as my 7D but most of the time it locked on fast enough. Being a sunny locale, I found flare control to be one of the weaker points and had to watch the direction of the sun (I'm sure it's the case with most compacts as well). On the positive side I thought colour reproduction was amazing - looking back at the photos, the results were as vivid and accurate as I remember it being.

Now on to processing and sorting through the photos - I shot just under a thousand frames in a week... Big Grin

(Jun 24, 2012, 22:28)shuttertalk Wrote:  I shot just under a thousand frames in a week... Big Grin

Saving the battery eh! Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Haha in fact, that's one thing I found lacking as well - I had to make sure I had a spare on me at all times. The one day I didn't, it died on me when I was walking through these fabulous fruit and veggie markets... Big Grin

Ah, batteries. Can't live with `em, can't live without `em…

It sounds like you had a great time. And I can empathize with you post-processing burden: I spent one day – really, about twelve hours – in New York City on Saturday and now I have 1480 digital photos and a roll of film to go through.

(I wasn't worried about saving batteries.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
Jun 13, 2011, 15:54