Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Camera?

First camera I ever owned was a Polaroid One Step Instant Camera. Still have a bunch of pictures I took with it in our photo album.

Canon 5D, Canon 17-40 F4L, Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 70-200 f2.8L, Canon 400mm f5.6L, 580EX Flash.

Polaroid... hehe. They're quite popular in Japan I think. They tried to bring out funky I-Zone models in Australia (that printed mini sticker photos) but never really took off...

My first camera was a little Ricoh P&S - my sister and I had matching ones that my Dad picked up in Hong Kong... They were pretty advanced for their time (early/mid 80s) - auto wind/rewind, popup auto flash, date print, ISO selector, focus modes (close, middle, far). We thought they were the coolest things ever!! Mine's still kicking 'round the house somewhere... I don't think they ever made the trip acroos the Pacific, since I've never, ever, seen one here - besides ours.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

My first was some crappy, cheap chemical point-and-shoot. Fixed focus, no zoom, no flash. I and my sister got one each some Christmas when I was a child.

My first digital was an Agfa CL30, which was pretty much like the old childhood toy, except that it took even worse pictures!

Bump.

Anyone else want to share?

When my son starts chatting on BB he might say.

My dad gave me a Kodak KB-25. It was a $25.00 point and shoot. I was only 5 years old and amazingly enough the camera lasted longer than the warranty!

When I was 7ish he gave me a Ricoh AF28. A point n Shoot 35mm with a few features like Auto Advance, Auto Focus, Flash modes, Panorama. But he was getting sick of the D&P costs so on my 8th birthday (Next week) he gave me my 1st digital camera.

Stay tuned.

The First Camera I ever used was a Kodak Instamatic 55x Circa 1972. I used it on and off until 1979, When I got my own Big Grin

The camera I got got was a Kodak Instamatic 77X Circa 1979. Both these camaras used Kodak 126 cartridge film.

55x
[Image: i55x.jpg]

77x
[Image: i77x.jpg]

My First Digital was in 1998 and that was also a kodak, a DC200+. I still own one kodak, a DX6200 I think it is. Cheap point and shoot for work.

Bob....

A few people may wonder what that circular thing on top of the kodak is...

I remember flash cubes...

Yep, it is for a very unreliable disposable 4 shot flash cube, called the X cube if I remember correctly.

the first camera i've ever owned is Pentax P30T. i bought this over 10 years ago and still have it. it still works, but is in dire need of some new K-mount lenses. the 28-80 that came along with it has long since been eaten by fungus and has passed away. unfortunately, i haven't had the chance to search for some decent glass for this body.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

As a kid I used the Kodak box camera and the Brownie camera. My first real camera was a Mansfield Skylark that I bought at a pawn shop in Manhattan, KS back in the eary 60s. I still have it, and it works great. It is totally un-automatic but takes great pictures. Also have a Pentax K1000 that is semi-automatic (light meter is what makes it semi-automatic). It is in mint condition too. I took a roll of pictures yesterday with it and a 200mm lens playing with it. I loved the Mansfield, and after that I used a Canon Super Sure Shot point and shoot, and now love the Fuji S602Z. Would love to have a Canon 20D one of these days.
[Image: Mansfield-Skylark-35mm-1.jpg]
This camera is over 30 years old and still works fine and looks like new.

[Image: Mansfield-Skylark-35mm-2.jpg]
This camera was made in Mansfield, OH. I have an old slide projector also that is a Mansfield. Never use it now.

Lovely looking camera though... I must get my rangefinders out and have a play again. Or at least, take photos of them Smile

Those photos bring back memories EnglishBob....

My folks had one of those Kodak Instamatics, not sure which model, but I do remember the flash cubes....That was what I took my first pictures with...

The first camera I actually owned was a second hand canon T70.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post