Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Large or Small Memory Card

Given the option to carry 2 x 512 mb cards or 1 x 1G card, which option would you prefer? Usually "economy of scale" dictates that larger cards will provide better bang for your buck, but would there be any reason against getting the largest card your wallet could afford?

If it were me I'd take the multiple of the smaller cards so if you were talking a lot of shots and shooting all the time You could be downloading the pictures from one card while snapping more on the other cards, where with the 1GB card you would have to take a break from shooting and if you filled the card it would take longer to downlaod therefore making delays between shoot 'bursts' (?) would be longer.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I prefer to have a few smaller cards, I normally have 1 x 512 in each camera if I have them both out with a reserve 256 & 128 if its a dire emergency. Two more 512s are needed though.

If i had the money i would get the 1GB just to make adam and peter jealous. Big Grin

Lak Wrote:If i had the money i would get the 1GB just to make adam and peter jealous. Big Grin
haha, bet they would be, maybe you should wait for the 4gb cards (you use CF do you know? I think Mr. Gadget is getting some 4gb cards in soon) Cool

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Haha! Before even seeing this post, a few minutes ago, I was offering Lak some cards for sale.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post