Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flash units?? Original manufacturer or aftermarket for Pentax?

I have decided to bite the bullet after a bit of an experiment with some older flash units. Now what to get, Pentax AF360FGZ looks pretty good but compared to the Sigma 500 Super is a little lacking at pretty close to the same price. I am not considering the 540FGZ as they are double the price and not readily available. The Sigma also has a higher guide number and both tilts and swivels. Any other good moderately priced options out there for Pentax?

Other units I have are;

400FTZ not too bad but very heavy and the battery door has failed (this is why I am looking), does tilt and swivel.

AF240Z, okay but a bit fiddly to get right (only paid about $20 for it so it owes me nothing), does tilt but no swivel.

AF260Sa, good little lightweight unit for close indoor use, no adjustments and it just works, this one I think only cost me about $15 and that was with the wide angle deflector, no tilt or swivel.

Thanks.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Don't know about alternatives, but I love the Sigma 500, I recently purchased one.

Is that the basic or the Super? What camera are you using it with?

Cheers.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I have a digital rebel and have the basic. I've only had it a week but have done several tests around the house and enjoyed the results.

I had use of a super for 2 weeks prior to buying this and with the rebel didn't need the extra features... if you plan on using slaves you need the super.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Sep 4, 2016, 14:17
Last Post by snaphappy
Apr 4, 2016, 11:09