Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flowers..

I think this is the first time I work with a mirrored image, so there might be some room for improvements here...
I enhanced the colors and added textures.

[Image: IMG_8249-Edit.jpg]

Thanks so much for any advice.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

wow, Irma, I think it is fantastic.
I like the colors, the flowers look very crisp, the green and red are very well balances and the colors nice and vibrant.
the texture stands in nice contrast with the fact that we
are looking at something natural.

Actually, I only recognised it as a mirrored image when you said it.

At second or third glance, I might find the black diagonal gap running right through the middle a bit distracting.
and some of the flowers, particularly the top left / bottom right have dark edges around them, maybe that looks better in the high res picture?

great job anyway, you are so dedicated!

Uli

Thanks Uli...

You are very kind...

One of the things I like very much in this image is the colors, I think they are all vivid but somehow they match well. I like also to see a lot of variation in green and red. The curves of the stem (horizontal) seem to me very pleasent. You are right about the curve line crossing the image in the middle. I saw it, but somehow I thought it wouldn't look so strong.

Thanks for pointing out that detail. I might do something, just to give a little more light and not make it so notorious.

In some of my works like the bowl with apples and the goose I used this kind of treatment with black lines in the edges. I like very much the effect when the image is printed. They make your subjects look a bit sharper and trace better the shape, in this case the flowers you mentioned they are not too sharp as they were in the background. That is why I left the lines a little more darker.

I am also very please with the texture in this one.

Thanks again for your comment Uli... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I guess I would have to see it printed then to appreciate the look of the black edges.
(maybe I'll get a chance!)

Uli

I will have it printed by the time you come... Smile

Paul Cezanne