Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fo2Pix.com

I've been checking the Fo2Pix URL for an update to the buZZ filters and PhotoArtMaster but the site is down and from a Google search it appears the company is defunct. That's a shame. The buZZ filter set is one of the few Photoshop add-ons I use frequently. Many Photoshop plug-ins only automate things Photoshop already does. buZZ (the peculiar capitalization is theirs) was/is different and produces a unique effect that I haven't seen in any other filter. I'm glad I bought the complete package when it was still available. Now I just hope Adobe never alters Photoshop in a way that makes my buZZ filters incompatible.

Their PhotoArtMaster software was a stand-alone package that did some things even the filter set doesn't such as this:
[Image: StJohn_PAMweb.jpg]

Unfortunately PhotoArtMaster doesn't run well on Vista. I had problems with it and their support told me to run it as administrator which worked for a while but now it crashes even when I run it as administrator. I may have to get a copy of XP and set up a dual-boot machine to use it.

ADK Jim Sad

Jim:

Totally agree about Buzz - it is one of the few 3rd party filters that I use regularly. I would hate to think they are no longer with us...

It must be very recently, since I was in the site when you pasted your last picture and told us you were working with this filter in your image. I saw their products and I wanted to buy the filter.

It would be really a pity if they didn't have it anymore.

Your picture is really beautiful!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I corresponded with them in mid-August about a buZZ : Vista issue. I asked at the time if an update to either was in the offing but they didn't respond to that. I have PhotoArtMaster Gold and the full set of buZZ filters, bought one and got the other free in a package deal that they ran around Christmas. I was thinking of buying the Pro version of PhotoArtMaster when I discovered that the site was down.

One of the web references I found said that they (the author of the forum post) had written to Adobe to suggest that Adobe buy the buZZ filter code to add it to Photoshop's filter set. That would be cool and I may add a second to that suggestion.

I'm glad you like the photo/art Irma. I've been doing a fair amount of that lately and it gets a generally positive reaction.

ADK_Jim Wrote:One of the web references I found said that they (the author of the forum post) had written to Adobe to suggest that Adobe buy the buZZ filter code to add it to Photoshop's filter set. That would be cool and I may add a second to that suggestion.
The idea crossed my mind, since all comments about this filter are very possitive. Let us know if you have any news about the filter, Jim. I really want to buy it. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I found the email addresses they used to register the URL and emailed them at those addresses. It hasn't bounced so they are still active addresses. That doesn't mean they are checking and responding to email at those addresses. We'll see what happens.

ADK Jim

Still waiting for a response to my email. After running a "whois" on Fo2Pix.com I just learned that as of the 2nd of Dec. 2007 the registration of the URL was transferred to TUCOWS.com. It used to be a person in the UK. I wish I'd thought to write down who it was when I got their email address on the 29th of Nov.

According to About.com Fo2Pix is out of business as of Nov. 2007 and their assets are in liquidation. Sad Hopefully whomever buys their code will continue development. If I were a programmer I'd be trying to acquire it myself.

ADK Jim

I am very sorry Jim. Specially because you and Toad like very much this program. It is a bit weird that they didn't sell the program to other company if that was that good...

Could it be possible that by the name of the author can get in touch with them? Maybe you can get still the Pro version you wanted...

Paul Cezanne