Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

anyone got a D300 yet?

I should be getting the call any day now and I'm on the edge of my seat!!!! Has anyone got one to give me some first reactions?

Must stop looking at the delivery date in my diary over and over.... Big Grin

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

I don't have one of those, but

Congratulations on your new camera!! ... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Sorry, not me either, but I can feel your pain. I was going through the exact same thing just a few weeks ago. It certainly sounds like a great camera, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I have a D200 and it is amazingly good - so I am sure you will be very happy. If I had to look into my future - a D3 or its successor would be the obvious direction.

Well at the moment I have a D100, and as I understand it the jump from this to the D200 was considerably large when it came out, so the D300 for me apparently will be a huge leap. But I am still curious how I feel it is going to be so much 'better'. I mean... am am so happy with the D100 that in my eyes it is an amazing camera. So let's see how it hits me when I start using it. I have been reading tons of reviews and comparisons all over the web, but you know... it's all super good photographers chatting about all the tiny this and that. No reviews from someone like me to give the overall reaction. I shall do my best to asses it when I get it, but Im really not at the stage to know about aaaaaall the techy stuff yet.

A bit like when you read a road test of a car and they go on about all the super detailed stuff. If you or I got in it, we would just get out there and have a great time without knowing all the fine details of how and why. Know what I mean?

Oh and Toad... that's a GOOD thing. After buying this I don't have any funds for more glass for a LONG time. So Im hoping the the D300 and the 18-200 VR are a happy and compatible couple.

Cheers, L.

-

www.lukeray.com

and the D3 sure does look like an amazing piece of kit. But it was a struggle just to build myslef up to spending D300 money!! Maybe next time, eh?! Rolleyes

-

www.lukeray.com

How's your Japanese? DCWatch has some samples on-line:

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review.../7522.html

How's your Babelfish? Here's a machine translation:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish...F7522.html

One of the great joys of waiting for the E-3 to be released was finding some real gems in the translated web pages. This one's pretty tame, starting off: We deliver the photograph taken on the spot picture of Nikon D300 by photographing the Yamada Kumi husband person.. Too bad. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

hehe. interesting translation. but scroll down to the 'effect of D-lighting/ part and where it says 'd lighting is processed'. would you say that translates to d lighting is turned on in the second column of photos? :/

-

www.lukeray.com

I'm enjoying thisBig Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Enjoying the sense of anticipation or the translations? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post