Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forest of Leaves

Went up to the Poconos today and took a few pictures, please critique:

[Image: promland1.jpg]

Not really grabbing my attention. Its a bit bright in a lot of spots and I don't have a feel for what you are using as your focal point.

It looks like a really nice place, its just that your composition needs some fine tuning.

Then again, the picture is a bit small and its tough to make out any detail. Can you add a larger version?

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Pretty much the same to say as Jeri. I'd like to see it a little larger for more detail.

Here's a link to a larger version: http://x11.putfile.com/10/30305520061.jpg

hi

yes that white blob is way to bright and atracts your eyes to it. and there is nothin else in the all frame exect trees.

regards

christian

Hi Os,

Take pictures of the forest is challenging... and make them interesting is even more challenging... but when you get the good one... it is just a beauty... This place looks beautiful and very interesting to photograph...

As Jerry pointed out already... to have an specific subject is very important and it is important because most of the times you have a very clutterd background, the forest itself... The house of a bird, or a twisted branch of a tree or a lit tree in a shady place work fine as subjects... About light... it is best to do it very early in the morning so your trees won't have hard contrast light shadow and you will have a nice outline of the trees... In this sort of pictures is good to consider taking a tripod with you...

My comment is just to share with you some of my experiences I have got from the times I've been to the forest... I hope it helps Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, what you said really makes sense. I go up there a lot so I'm sure I'll eventually get that perfect picture. I took a few others that I thought were good, one has a very prominent rock in the picture w/ forest in the background, and the other is an entrace to a trail with a fallen tree angled over it. I'll post them later if I find the time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Sep 24, 2013, 09:47