Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fortunate

Remember that guy Phil? His dad died about 2 weeks ago, and it's the funeral tomorrow, (Friday).

Well, he's the same guy who keeps offering me a job as photographer to the British Tradenet group, which deals with meetings between delegations from many countries.........................
Remember how I keep saying "no" when he invites me to join them?

I'll never forget. Here's why:

Yesterday, (Wednesday), was a major Tradenet international meeting in central London.
Today, (Thursday), was a meeting of a smaller delegation, also in central London. At breakfast tim this morning, London was bombed.

Phil escaped, thank God.

Cave canem

Rufus, you were very fortunate, indeed. Thanks God you didn't accept and your friend Phil escaped.

I am sorry for your country. Take care!

Irma

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

YIKES!! I hope everyone involved is alright?

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Interesting, for sure.

In 2001 my office was in DC and I'd pass by the Pentagon every morning. On the morning of 9/11, by coincidence, I had a business meeting out in Virginia so I was driving in the opposite direction. The meeting was cancelled at the last minute, but obviously I felt fortunate that I wasn't en route to the District. My friend had just driven past, and saw the explosion in his rear-view mirror.

Thoughts and prayers to all in London; we also have some close friends there and they are OK.

Life is so strange at times. That pretty much sums it up.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I've managed to contact my 3 friends that I know for sure work and live in London, my family thankfully all live in the Midlands.

On 9/11 I was on an American Airlines 767 Flight identical to the ones used in the attacks, luckily I was flying out of Omaha and headed to Texas. I was however stranded for nearly a week.