Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum problems - Again?

I am experiencing problems with the rendering of the screen layout and dialogue - again. My logon details had changed and when I click on "qoute" for a reply to a post, I see the code, not the op's dialogue. Grrrrr

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Hmm? I am not able to get the quote function to work for me right now. I don't see code or anything on my end.

When you say your log in details changed - what do you mean? Did you have to request a password reset from the system?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I had to log back in, where I had always been logged in by default.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Nov 13, 2016, 02:50)Jocko Wrote:  I had to log back in, where I had always been logged in by default.
Quote seems to work for me.

(Nov 13, 2016, 00:51)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hmm? I am not able to get the quote function to work for me right now. I don't see code or anything on my end.

When you say your log in details changed - what do you mean? Did you have to request a password reset from the system?

Yes, had to ask for ask for a password reset and log back in. I did not receive an e-mail notification of your above reply to my post. never mind - things seem to be back to normal this morning. Thanks Barbara.

GrahamS

Hmm, quote not working for me still. Maybe something with my computer. Cool

Maybe the problem is dependant on which browser you use?

GrahamS

I am using Chrome on Windows 10 here. So, will keep an eye on it. Rolleyes

(Nov 15, 2016, 09:15)Barbara G. Wrote:  I am using Chrome on Windows 10 here. So, will keep an eye on it. Rolleyes

I use Chrome and Windows 10 as well.

Ensure Google Chrome is up to date. Ed

To each his own!

I'm with OS-X 10.12.1 Sierra and Chrome 54.0.2840.98.

GrahamS

Not noticed anything odd for me, firefox and win7, and win 10 on the laptop, all seems good.

I do keep my windows open for long periods of time (computer windows LOL). So, I will check to see if my version of Chrome is up to date and even restart the computer to see if that changes anything. Thanks for the responses!  Big Grin

To update Chrome.
Top right, 3 dots, click on this and from the drop down, Help, then, About Google Chrome. This will trigger an update check, at left hand side. Ed.

To each his own!

(Nov 19, 2016, 14:26)EdMak Wrote:  To update Chrome.
Top right, 3 dots, click on this and from the drop down, Help, then, About Google Chrome. This will trigger an update check, at left hand side. Ed.

I did try to use the quote button by itself and no go. I did however realize when I now click the quote button, there is a message below the reply box which gave me two options to click. As I clicked the first option, it inserted the quote into my message. One of the options says "quote theses posts now."

Thanks Ed! I tried that and it shows Chrome up to date.

Here is a sample for everyone to see. Interestingly, I have never noticed this option before.

[attachment=6778]

Hello Barbara.

The Quick Reply section looks nothing like yours on my screen - in the latest version of the Opera Browser - no toolbar and no "...Quote these posts now..." option, just a text box as in this screen grab.

Cheers.
Philip

(Nov 21, 2016, 09:28)MrB Wrote:  Hello Barbara.

The Quick Reply section looks nothing like yours on my screen - in the latest version of the Opera Browser - no toolbar and no  "...Quote these posts now..." option, just a text box as in this screen grab.

Cheers.
Philip

Hello Philip,

This is also interesting to me. I have never used Opera browser before.

Can you quote someone in preview mode if you need to?

(Nov 23, 2016, 09:31)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello Philip,

This is also interesting to me. I have never used Opera browser before.

Can you quote someone in preview mode if you need to?

Yes, quotes work OK.

Cheers.
Philip

(Nov 19, 2016, 10:28)Barbara G. Wrote:  I do keep my windows open for long periods of time (computer windows LOL) Comparatif  de crédit. So, I will check to see if my version of Chrome is up to date and even restart the computer to see if that changes anything. Thanks for the responses!  Big Grin
I think you should install a newer version of chrome. That way you'll be sure it works.

The font size of the forums on my screen is still very tiny - in Word it would be 6. Very difficult to read. My screen resolution is iMac default 1920 x 1080. All of the other forum sites that I access render as normal with readable font size and images with a width of 1280px do not overlap the sides of the screen. I use Chrome.

GrahamS

Hello all,

Can you all tell me if this is an issue for you as well? Just wanting to get more feedback - then I will message the admin on this.

Thanks for letting me know!

Barbara, there is no problem with text here with web pages in the browser (Opera v.45) at their default size. However, the image size issue has never been rectified - images bigger than about 1000 pixels wide still do not fit the page, and there are no scroll bars to shift the image across to see the rest of it. Robert's image of the national theatre is just one example of this:
https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Threa...al-Theatre

Cheers.
Philip

All OK here, Win 10 Pro, Chrome.

I am unable to Rate anyone, if not available, perhaps all the current ratings should be removed. . Regards. Ed.

To each his own!

Font size is fine for me in Chrome, firefox and Edge.

I would add that font size can be accidentally changed in most browsers by holding shift and rotating the mouse wheel.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jul 18, 2017, 16:51
Last Post by smarti77
Feb 29, 2008, 05:01
Last Post by usajet
Sep 24, 2007, 15:46