Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fracked gas for Scotland

Despite Scotland's ban on Fracking we are not averse to importing someone else's gas. Currently on the news is a piece about the first shipment of fracked shale gas, from the USA, being delivered to Grangemouth. Unfortunately strong winds have stopped the Ineos Insight from berthing as planned and she is lying in the Firth of Forth waiting for the wind to drop.
My photograph, taken about 8 months ago, shows her lying off Kirkcaldy.

Nikon D80, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lens, Manual mode, 1/125 sec, f6.3, ISO 100, 450mm lens equivalent, processed in Photoshop CC 2015.5.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Nice capture John. Try it as a B & W? Ed.

To each his own!

Yes, it's almost there already.

Revisited the original and produced this monochrome image.

And just for interest, I have included the original image.

Nicely done Jocko. What did you use to change the original so well? I am still trying to get to grips with Paintshop Pro.

Jane

Most of what was done was done in Lightroom, from the original raw image. I did a little polishing of the colour image in Photoshop.
The monochrome was all Lightroom, then converted to B/W using Google's free software, SilverEfex Pro 2.

(Sep 28, 2016, 00:48)Jocko Wrote:  Despite Scotland's ban on Fracking we are not averse to importing someone else's gas. Currently on the news is a piece about the first shipment of fracked shale gas, from the USA, being delivered to Grangemouth. Unfortunately strong winds have stopped the Ineos Insight from berthing as planned and she is lying in the Firth of Forth waiting for the wind to drop.
My photograph, taken about 8 months ago, shows her lying off Kirkcaldy.

Nikon D80, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lens, Manual mode, 1/125 sec, f6.3, ISO 100, 450mm lens equivalent, processed in Photoshop CC 2015.5.
Beautiful journalistic piece.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Did you use the dehaze featuire in lightroom?

Yes Craig, I do use the Dehaze feature, though it is a rather blunt instrument and has to be used very carefully and sympathetically.

Bravo, John.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

That dehaze feature is great! PS has come on a long way since my early version :-) I like the mono version - it brings out the cranes / industry on the far shore, whereas the colour version has that lovely orange section which tends to grab the eye.