Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Freddie The Frog.

Well the Tulips in my last post were an outstanding waste of space, so best have a little change.
This is the latest piece of bronze to take up residence at the Trentham Estate.
Panasonic DMC - FZ200. Manual, 1/ 1300 @ f/ 2.8 ISO 100. 11mm ( 72mm equivalent. )

[attachment=7291]

If there is anyone out there then say what you think. I don't bite. Thanks in advance.
Best Wishes to all.
                       Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Hello Mike.

Just a couple of thoughts - perhaps Freddie might like a bit more space on his right (the viewer's left), and he might also welcome the removal of the distractions of the distant background.

Cheers.
Philip

Hello Philip,
Good to know that you are still on forum. Trust that you are well.
Both the points that you have made are, of course, valid. I cropped in the L.H.Side since there was a motor boat moving in and at the same time wished to accentuate the area to the right which Fred was looking towards..
As far as the scenic vista was concerned, I never even thought about it. So you are one up on me with that.
Many thanks for your comments,
Mike.

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

First time posting in a long time, going through some older posts to try and spark my interest in life once more.

I'm okay with the space on the left, he's looking to the right, which would suggest movement in that direction and he has space to move into. For me I would also agree with removing the distracting area at the top, and I really wish you had the camera pointed slightly lower so as to capture the entirety of his foot and toes.

I think the image may be a half to a full stop over exposed, the top of Freddie is very hot, to the point of the whites losing detail.

Great subject and an interesting location.

Well hello stranger. Good to see you back Craig. Thanks for the comments.
Regards,
Mike. Big Grin

Henri Cartier - Bresson.

good post!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Mar 10, 2015, 02:22
Last Post by Korry
May 20, 2013, 08:58