Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fujifilm finepix s602 Zoom

Fujifilm finepix s602 Zoom

Does anyone know this camera? I just got a (cheap) a few days ago and I love it. Alltough it's probably a bit outdated I think it's great to start with.

Does anyone have any specific hints or tips for this camera other than throwing it in the bin and buy a canon eos 350D? Wink

Hi Jacco,

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

I had a Fuji 602 for a while before I got my current camera and prior to my owning it it belonged to Rufus who you've probably come across in here somewhere (he's myhusband). The Fuji is a terrific camera, very straighforward to use and produces good quality images. The fact that it's so similar to an SLR in many ways makes it a great starting point if you're considering a DSLR for the future. It has full manual mode which means you can really learn about photography with it and get a good idea of how a DSLR will handle.

The downside (as with all cameras in this category) is that due to the actual focal length of the lens (that is its physical focal length, notits equivalent on 35mm) you don't have much control over the depth of field.....it's harder to achieve a blurred background, for instance, than it is with a DSLR. I really enjoyed mine and would have liked to have kept it, but sadly the cost of the Pentax when I bought it was too high to manage without selling the Fuji Smile

My gallery at Pbase has an album that is exclusively Fuji 602 pictures. Here's a link to it in case you're interested in having a look:

http://www.pbase.com/noisynoodle/fuji602

--NN

Hi Noisynoodle,

Thanks for welcome and reply!

That is very welcome info, I didn't know about the focal length issue.
I have managed to get great DOF in super macro mode, on auto settings btw.

I had a look at your page. I am very pleased to see the camera make such great pictures, which was clearly in the hand of a skilled photographer. Some really great pics there !

Hey Jacco, Fuji's current model - the S7000 is based quite a bit on the S602Z. The fact that not much has changed between the models is probably an indication that they had something good going with the S602Z. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
May 18, 2014, 10:37