Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Portraits

On the forum I often see an advert for Portrait Pro.

Have you ever tried it?

I was at a wedding on Saturday and was able to shoot quite a few of the guests. Here's one with the aid of Portrait Pro.

I await your thoughts with a touch of trepidation....

Regards

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeff, suites me. Ed.

To each his own!

Ed, I guess your comment is a play on 1: 'editing' suites 2 it 'suits' you and 3 she looks 'real suite'...or is that just a spelling error? Cheers, Jeff

Delete the e, hope Miss Stewart, English teacher, is not on this forum. Ed.

To each his own!

Hi Jeff

Good shot overall... I am, though, distracted by the shadow created by the model's hair to her right... If I may be so bold as to offer my opinion,- it is that the model should be much further from the backdrop... that will reduce or eliminate the shadow... you could also add in a fill light for your background if there is a space constraint and moving forward is not possible. This could be a second light, reflector, or anything that will put light on the background which too will eliminate the cast of shadow. You could also change your lighting style position. Try to get the shadows to go downward (Butterfly lighting) and minimize the shadow that reaches the wall. I would have tried for the latter as that would also have included highlighting a little more of the top of her head. For what it's worth, I am a little "old school" in that I prefer the whole head in the frame, and don't subscribe to the way I see many portraits done nowadays with the top of the head cut off...

Again, just my opinion :-)

Thanks for the share

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

A damned good picture Jeff. Were you using PP15? I believe that's the latest. I have PP11 and am debating whether to up date it or soldier on with what I've got.

Best regards.

Phil

Here are a few of mine, also taken at a wedding.

Usual Techie stuff. Nikon D300, Nikkor 18 -200 F3.5 - 5.6, various settings, manual, one Nikon SB800 on camera bounced off whatever light coloured surface was available.

Thanks for looking.

Regards.

Phil.

(Nov 9, 2015, 14:48)Freeman Wrote:  I was at a wedding on Saturday and was able to shoot quite a few of the guests.

Confused Sad Exclamation

(Nov 11, 2015, 12:20)MrB Wrote:  
(Nov 9, 2015, 14:48)Freeman Wrote:  I was at a wedding on Saturday and was able to shoot quite a few of the guests.

Confused Sad Exclamation

Dead right I did, buster!

(Went to see Spectre tonight. Oh my goodness...)

I use Portrait Pro Studio 12. It is so easy to go too strong though. When I photograph my wife I show here a well modified one, usually eliciting the comment, "I wish you could do that in real life". I then produce one with subtle changes, which she thinks is the "real" her. And we all lived happily ever after.

Absolutely right, Jocko.

I'm using Portrait Pro 12.

All the best

Jeff

(Nov 11, 2015, 12:14)Phil J Wrote:  Here are a few of mine, also taken at a wedding.

Usual Techie stuff. Nikon D300, Nikkor 18 -200 F3.5 - 5.6, various settings, manual, one Nikon SB800 on camera bounced off whatever light coloured surface was available.

Wonderful, cracking stuff, Phil, I love shot 2 and 4. The eyes have it!

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for looking.

Regards.

Phil.

(Nov 10, 2015, 15:15)Rolf Wrote:  Hi Jeff

... distracted by the shadow created by the model's hair to her right... If I may be so bold as to offer my opinion,- it is that the model should be much further from the backdrop... that will reduce or eliminate the shadow... Again, just my opinion :-)

Thanks for the share

Kind regards

Rolf

Rolf, Of course I was taking shots in the wedding melee but I could so easily have moved the guest forward a pace. No special lighting was really possible but I note your comments nevertheless. One of these fine days I must take a half day course in flash photography. How about this one? Cheers, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post