Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's all gone quiet

Is it the Australian and Canadian annual two months holiday. Big Grin

Meanwhile, does anyone know of any good ark builders, other than Noah.
We are having a spot of St Swithin troubles in the UK. Dodgy

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

It has, hasn't it?

For me, I've been travelling for work, and also gearing up to our family holiday in Fiji. We're leaving this Friday and will be gone for a week! Apologies - I've been busy trying to get everything sorted out, packing etc., which is especially hard when you're travelling with two young kids. Big Grin

What is everyone else up to?

Watching football on TV. Thursday a book signing (not mine) but I am part of the book. It's about Bradford's Rock and roll.
The week after a trip to Alnwick Castle (part of Harry Potter was filmed here. Quiditch training)
Then a 5 day trip to London 200 miles from my home. Somewhere between, two hospital outpatient visits. One to fix my hearing aid, and an optical one.
Plus walks around the local area. Cut the grass - paint the shed - enjoy the summer.
That is up to very early July. Harder than working. Confused Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Work, Work, run local Photo Competition, work, work, get ready to be IT director for state wide Photographic Conference, work, work... that about covers it!

(Jun 11, 2012, 23:18)EnglishBob Wrote:  Work, Work, run local Photo Competition, work, work, get ready to be IT director for state wide Photographic Conference, work, work... that about covers it!

Wow, care to share about the photo comp and also the photo conference?? Big Grin

I am involved in the San Joaquin Camera Club Council, we run monthly competitions for 7 California Camera Clubs. I collect 240-320 images each month, catalog them, put them into slide shows and then run the projection on the actual meeting days. Pictorial, Nature, Travel, and Photojournalism. In all digital Divisions there are 3 Classes A, AA, AAA. SJVCCC is affiliated with the Photographic Society of America and a member Council. More info:- http://sjvccc.org/?page_id=5 I am also webmaster for this group. The meetings are usually 30-40 people attending, with many more just sending in entries.

The Conference is Fotoclave, a collection of 3 PSA councils like the SJVCCC that get together each fall for seminars, competitions and workshops. I get to make sure all the presenters have working IT equipment, network access etc. http://www.fotoclave.net/

On top of those two, I work on the PSA Journal, a monthly magazine for PSA members, I index each issue for an annual index published each year in April. And the day job only takes 40-50 hours most weeks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Sep 7, 2013, 07:55
Last Post by Petographer
Aug 6, 2005, 11:34