Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Good morning from Swansea, South Wales

Hi, My name is Ferenc (pronounced Terrence, but with an F) I'm new to this forum and got sucked in to it accidentally through an email I received. having a look at the site, it seems like a friendly and safe place to be and air our opinions which is nice to find these days. I've been taking photographs for more than 40 years, having started when I was a young, boy soldier in 1975. I hold an LRPS and I'm currently working towards my Associateship, which I hope to gain in the coming spring.

I am a member of Abertawe Photographic Society, in Swansea and regularly enter their monthly competitions. My approach to photography is one of experimentation and pushing boundaries. I get bored of the same old stuff which club photographers enter for competitions and as such, i love to see new work and ideas.

I look forward to chatting with you all over the coming months and seeing your work

Regards

F

Hello and welcome!

We are pleased to have you here on site with us and welcome you with open arms per se! Please let us know if you have need of anything and we will do our best to help you out! Enjoy!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome Ferenc. It is always nice to have someone come on board with experience and enthusiasm! I am very much an amateur photographer, but love learning and experimenting. I also love abstract photography, both in camera and PP. I look forward to your posts. Cheers! Sharon.
(Jan 5, 2014, 07:53)Ferenc Wrote:  Hi, My name is Ferenc (pronounced Terrence, but with an F) I'm new to this forum and got sucked in to it accidentally through an email I received. having a look at the site, it seems like a friendly and safe place to be and air our opinions which is nice to find these days. I've been taking photographs for more than 40 years, having started when I was a young, boy soldier in 1975. I hold an LRPS and I'm currently working towards my Associateship, which I hope to gain in the coming spring.

I am a member of Abertawe Photographic Society, in Swansea and regularly enter their monthly competitions. My approach to photography is one of experimentation and pushing boundaries. I get bored of the same old stuff which club photographers enter for competitions and as such, i love to see new work and ideas.

I look forward to chatting with you all over the coming months and seeing your work

Regards

F

Life is good. Capture it!

(Jan 5, 2014, 07:53)Ferenc Wrote:  Hi, My name is Ferenc (pronounced Terrence, but with an F) I'm new to this forum and got sucked in to it accidentally through an email I received. having a look at the site, it seems like a friendly and safe place to be and air our opinions which is nice to find these days. I've been taking photographs for more than 40 years, having started when I was a young, boy soldier in 1975. I hold an LRPS and I'm currently working towards my Associateship, which I hope to gain in the coming spring.

Regards

F

And for those of us NOT in the UK, what are 'LRPS' and 'Associateship'?

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Licentiate/Associate of the Royal Photographic Society. Ed.

(Jan 6, 2014, 12:49)Wall-E Wrote:  

Regards

F

And for those of us NOT in the UK, what are 'LRPS' and 'Associateship'?

Apologies apologies apologies…
LRPS, ARPS and Ultimately FRPS: These are all degrees of distinction awarded by the Royal Photographic Society (RPS)

The three levels of Distinction are:

Licentiateship, Associateship and Fellowship

Licentiateship (LRPS) is normally the entry level Distinction and is awarded for a good level of basic skill and competence. Open to members and non-Members.

Associateship (ARPS) is awarded for a high standard of technical competence and individual creative ability. Open to members and non-Members.

Fellowship (FRPS) is awarded for exceptional standards of excellence and distinguished ability. You need have achieved the ARPS before you can apply for the FRPS.

Further details are available from http://www.rps.org/distinctions-introduction

I hope this explains thing a little more clearly

Ferenc ,

Wishing you the very best of luck with your application for 'Associateship' of the R.P.S. In the meantime lets see some more of the beautiful photographs you have taken, so that we all might learn from your example.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Regards.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by PhotoPlay
Sep 11, 2013, 00:52