Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Google Sketchup

It looks like Google has bought out yet another software vendor and made the software free... which is awesome for people like us. Big Grin

http://sketchup.google.com/index.html

Quote:Google SketchUp (free) is an easy-to-learn 3D modeling program that enables you to explore the world in 3D. With just a few simple tools, you can create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects - even space ships. And once you've built your models, you can place them in Google Earth, post them to the 3D Warehouse, or print hard copies.

Google SketchUp is free for personal use. No registration is required
Although it's not really photography related, I was interested anyway and took a peek - here are some examples of models that were created using the software. I think it's a great tactic by Google by allowing users to place their creations in Google Earth - now they'll have legions of people basically developing and improving the Google Earth world on their spare time.

Just looking at the models reminded me of Half-Life - computer game that I used to play. I remember getting into the world editor, where I built my own 3D models... ah the memories. Big Grin

o leet!

I have been skimming the last week's posts (was in Salt Lake City all week), and came across this. Am downloading it now - I think I can use something like this - particularly for my photo montages...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post