Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Got a new Pentax K10D

I suppose I better get out and get some photos. Be back in a while with some shots.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Coooool! How well does the image stabilisation work?

Been reading some good things about that camera.
Congrats on the new 'baby'.

shuttertalk Wrote:Coooool! How well does the image stabilisation work?
Not sure yet, did not have much time this afternoon to play, shots outside were a bit hit and miss anyway because it was blowing a gale. I will get posting once I get some shots happening.

Albert Einstein

Awesome -- if I was shopping now, that would be the one for me. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

That is great Peted!

Canon stuff.

Pretty happy so far. Couple of quick shots I took, handling is similar but different to my DS.

[Image: White-flower.jpg]

[Image: Daisy.jpg]

Albert Einstein

Peted Wrote:handling is similar but different to my DS.
I agree but don't with that statement. Big Grin

Nice shots! Colour and contrast looks great...

Another.

[Image: Spikes.jpg]

Albert Einstein

shuttertalk Wrote:Coooool! How well does the image stabilisation work?
Not bad, not having anything to compare to it is probably a bit hard to compare but I have taken a few shots at slowish speeds and it does look promising.

Albert Einstein

Thanks for the shots Pete. What lens are you using for these shots?
What is the camera selling for $$$?
Do you think many DS users will think it is worth upgrading?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

those photos are really nice.About how far away from the flowers do you have the camera.
I'm still not sure how far or how close I should be to thing when I take a shot.
Lorraine

smarti77 Wrote:Thanks for the shots Pete. What lens are you using for these shots?
What is the camera selling for $$$?
Do you think many DS users will think it is worth upgrading?
Hi Smarti,

Pentax 16-45mm F4.0 ED AL.

I have seen it as low as AUD$1269 online but I bought locally and paid $1359. Still waiting for the grip and spare battery.

With the DS I have a lot of 8x10 and A4 prints and a few at 12x18, the 6MP from the DS is plenty. Why did I buy, I am a gear freak. Seriously just about everything on the camera is upgraded or improved. Faster focusing, ISO100, more controls more easily accessible, grip, and the really big one is the Shake Reduction.

Worth the upgrade, for me yes but I really think that it is not so much an upgrade as adding to the tools that I already have, with this tool I can be hopefully a little more creative.

Cheers.

Pete

Albert Einstein

BeaglesToo Wrote:those photos are really nice.About how far away from the flowers do you have the camera.
I'm still not sure how far or how close I should be to thing when I take a shot.
Lorraine
Hi Lorraine,

One of the basic rules of photography is "Fill the frame", more of a guideline really though because you may not be able to focus if you get too close and if you have a good enough camera (good quality and high number of pixels) then you can crop and still get a good print at a good size.

Cheers.

Pete

Albert Einstein

Pete - these are very nice pictures. I am really happy for you and believe you are going to produce some really nice work with this camera.

Canon stuff.

Oh, I'm jealous... no K10D's available in this 3rd world country called Canada yet! Wink

Looking at the specs on that camera I've started to experience technolust. Reading up on all the various Pentax mount lenses out there from over the years gets me browsing eBay. Looking at the images produced you posted makes my nose itch and my wallet yawn.

But why, oh why am I jealous? I have a perfectly good Canon and some L glass...

(Hmmm... but no weather sealed body, no shake reduction, less MP, no hyper-program, and the lenses are insanely overpriced.) Plus, IMHO Canon doesn't seem to be innovating so much as squeezing the market with "just enough" upgrades. (30D anyone?)

I'm seriously considering tossing the lot on eBay and switching brands entirely. I'm only waiting for a few new lenses to come out for K-mount.

- Mark

But you do not need to sell up. Just buy an hdtv with a 40/60" screen and show your pics on that...Oh boy!

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congrast on the new Camera Peted, looks great!

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by hotglassguy
Dec 3, 2014, 20:45