Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is this camera focusing correctly?

30mm F4.0 K10D. Close up narrow depth of field shots seem to be a little off in the focusing.

[Image: K10d-F4.0-30mm-front.jpg]

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

The lower 2mm mark looks clearer than the text ..but that may be due to resizing as it is smaller as well.

I was playing with my 50 mm last night and using the centre focussing spot (canon 350d) it focussed in front of the subject but using the upper focusing spot it focussed perfectly. Maybe not enough light, and my focus light assist beam was turned off.
I will test it sometime and check, but it worked on the glass of water.:/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hard to tell at this size.

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Hard to tell at this size.
What size do you want big boy? Wink

Albert Einstein

Peted. can you show as a "real" world example where you feel the focus is missplaced ?

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Peted,

At the size posted it looks ok to me. Is this a 100% crop? I think you would need a 100% crop to tell.

Thanks,

Chris

Canon stuff.

I hate 100% crops... Gives me nightmares that I am posting at dpreview again...

Looks ok to me... if I look at where the image starts to become blurry at the top, and where it becomes blurry at the bottom, the text is roughly halfway...

I wonder whether you can "fine tune" focus... ? Big Grin

Thanks for the input from everyone. I have decided a couple of things.

This camera focus a little differently differently from my DS, both are focusing fine.

I have to be careful using SR because when shooting up very close SR can get confused.

I must check that the focal length is adjusted correctly for not AF lenses that do not communicate with the camera.

Good technique is still paramount when taking any/all photographs and tripod is still my best friend.

The camera is a keeper and I am enjoying learning this new camera, very sad that we are in the middle of possibly the worst drought in the last 100 years and my world is very dry, making for some great sunsets though.

[Image: 27_Sunset-1.jpg]

Albert Einstein

Peted Wrote:very sad that we are in the middle of possibly the worst drought in the last 100 years and my world is very dry, making for some great sunsets though.
Just on a side note - I was working yesterday (Sat) and the bushfires in the regional areas of Melbourne as so bad that the smoke clouded the whole metropolian city. I was working on the 30th floor and I couldn't see the ground - it was that bad. And because it was a weekend and the don't usually turn the air conditioning on, the smoke started coming into the building and setting off the fire alarms...

Heading down to Elmore (NE of Bendigo) for the Australian Scout Jamboree in a few weeks, hoping that the weather is kind to us. Rolleyes

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post